On the fly word to html translation.

AndyW

Hi folks,

Forgive me if this has been asked a million times before.

I need to read a word document out of a varbinary field and display it
on a web page. I do not want to use a browser plugin as I want the
document displayed seemlessly.

Does anyone know how one goes about reading word docs and turning them
into html for display ?

Cheers
AndyW

Kevin Spencer

The "easiest" way is to use an instance of the Word COM interface on the
server. It has an export capability that will export a Word document to
HTML. Any other means is likely to fail, or at the very least, take forever
to implement. It should be noted, however, that Word doesn't translate to
HTML very well.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer