on which site or Usenet group should this question be posted?

Discussion in 'Python' started by mirandacascade@yahoo.com, Jan 15, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Operating system: Win XP
    Version of Python: 2.4

    I recognize that this question is not about Python...it has only a
    tangential Python connection. I'm using a Python package to run a
    process; that process is issuing an error, and I'm hoping that someone
    on this site can point me to the site that has the appropriate
    expertise.

    Situation is this:
    1) using win32com.client.Dispatch to work with the MSXML2.XMLHTTP COM
    object
    2) I use the open() method of the COM object and specify a "POST", then
    I use the send() method of the COM object
    3) when the url is an http url, able to send and then check the
    responseText property without problems
    4) when the url is an https url, the open() method works, but when the
    send() method is invoked, it raises an exception with the error
    message: "the download of the specified resource has failed"
    5) when I use Google with searches such as "XMLHTTP", "https",
    "download of the specified resource", I see that other people are
    experiencing the issue, but I didn't see any solutions, nor did I see
    whether there was a site (perhaps a Usenet group) on which it would
    make sense to post this issue

    Eventually, I want to learn whether the XMLHTTP COM object can work
    with https url's, but what I'm hoping to learn from this post is advice
    as to which site I should post this question so that it might be read
    by folks with the appropriate subject-matter expertise.

    Thank you.

    , Jan 15, 2007