On Windows 7, how do you reference a "static library" (a dot lib) in NetBeans

Chris_12345

I'm using Windows 7, NetBeans 7.1.2 and the C:\MinGW\bin\g++.exe compiler/linker.

I have been trying to reference a static library (file.lib) using linker options such as "-l" and "-L". All attempts have been unsuccessful (one possible reason is) because the "-l" option only takes the name of the library (without a leading "lib" in the filename and no suffix) and probably not a path to the library file. The "L" option takes a path to the folder containing the library, but it does not work for me.

http://mingw.org/wiki/LibraryPathHOWTO

My question is how do you reference a static library within NetBeans?

You can modify the (NetBeans) project's linking options by right clicking on the project and selecting properties. From there, you can specify a library folder, a specific library file, or you can enter a specific linker option such as "-lfile".

I have tried various ways to get my project to use the dot lib without success. When I build the project, I get a lot of undefined references.

Thanks

MelissA