onbeforeunload in an iframe

Tim Streater

I have an iframe in which I load a page. This page may be replaced,
later, by a second page. When this happens, the first page would like to
do some tidy up - so when first loaded, the first page registers an
onbeforeunload handler.

Problem is that the onbeforeunload event of the first page doesn't seem
to fire when the second page is loaded. This is in Safari 6.0 Mac. Is
there anything about the above scenario which would prevent this event
from firing?