Once Again

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by rn5a@rediffmail.com, May 2, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I had posted this query about 3 days back but having got no response
    yet, I am posting the same query again since I need to resolve the
    issue urgently. Sorry for the same... I have already lost quite a lot
    of time pondering on this issue without any positive outcome.

    I am trying to send mails through ASP using CDO.MESSAGE but I don't
    know why I am always getting the following error message:

    Cannot modify or delete an object that was added using the COM+ Admin
    SDK.

    This is the code (the usual standard code for sending mails using
    ASP....nothing more than that):

    <%
    Dim strMsg,sch,cdoConfig,cdoMessage

    strMsg="Hello how are you?"
    sch="http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
    Set cdoConfig=Server.CreateObject("CDO.CONFIGURATION")
    With cdoConfig.Fields
    .Item(sch & "sendusing")=2
    .Item(sch & "smtpserver")="smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk"
    .Item(sch & "smtpserverport")=25
    .Update
    End With

    Set cdoMessage=Server.CreateObject("CDO.MESSAGE")
    Set cdoMessage.Configuration=cdoConfig

    cdoMessage.From=""
    cdoMessage.To=""
    cdoMessage.Subject="Hello"
    cdoMessage.HtmlBody=strMsg
    cdoMessage.Send

    Set cdoMessage=Nothing
    Set cdoConfig=Nothing
    %>

    The error points to the cdoMessage.Send line. Can someone please give
    me some idea on what I could be missing?

    I have gone through numerous posts & articles since last 4 days but
    couldn't resolve the issue; all my efforts were in vain & went down
    the drain. So somebody please help me....I need a solution urgently.

    Please note that the Yahoo SMTP server & the 2 e-mail ids do exist &
    are very much VALID.
    , May 2, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > I had posted this query about 3 days back but having got no response
    > yet, I am posting the same query again since I need to resolve the
    > issue urgently. Sorry for the same... I have already lost quite a lot
    > of time pondering on this issue without any positive outcome.
    >
    > I am trying to send mails through ASP using CDO.MESSAGE but I don't
    > know why I am always getting the following error message:
    >
    > Cannot modify or delete an object that was added using the COM+ Admin
    > SDK.
    >
    > This is the code (the usual standard code for sending mails using
    > ASP....nothing more than that):
    >
    > <%
    > Dim strMsg,sch,cdoConfig,cdoMessage
    >
    > strMsg="Hello how are you?"
    > sch="http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
    > Set cdoConfig=Server.CreateObject("CDO.CONFIGURATION")
    > With cdoConfig.Fields
    > .Item(sch & "sendusing")=2
    > .Item(sch & "smtpserver")="smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk"
    > .Item(sch & "smtpserverport")=25

    Try without this last line, i.e., without setting the port.
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], May 2, 2007

    On May 2, 1:31 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <>
    wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I had posted this query about 3 days back but having got no response
    > > yet, I am posting the same query again since I need to resolve the
    > > issue urgently. Sorry for the same... I have already lost quite a lot
    > > of time pondering on this issue without any positive outcome.

    > > I am trying to send mails through ASP using CDO.MESSAGE but I don't
    > > know why I am always getting the following error message:

    > > Cannot modify or delete an object that was added using the COM+ Admin
    > > SDK.

    > > This is the code (the usual standard code for sending mails using
    > > ASP....nothing more than that):

    > > <%
    > > Dim strMsg,sch,cdoConfig,cdoMessage

    > > strMsg="Hello how are you?"
    > > sch="http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
    > > Set cdoConfig=Server.CreateObject("CDO.CONFIGURATION")
    > > With cdoConfig.Fields
    > > .Item(sch & "sendusing")=2
    > > .Item(sch & "smtpserver")="smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk"
    > > .Item(sch & "smtpserverport")=25

    > Try without this last line, i.e., without setting the port.
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    > quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.- Hide quoted text -

    That doesn't make any difference, Sir. Any other suggestions?

    Pleeeeeeeeease help me resolve this problem......I earnestly beg
    you.....
    , May 2, 2007
  4. wrote:

    > That doesn't make any difference, Sir. Any other suggestions?
    >
    > Pleeeeeeeeease help me resolve this problem......I earnestly beg
    > you.....

    Sorry, i have no clue. have you tried a Google Groups search? Have you
    seen this:
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...grammer.messaging/msg/be667a8d7894b689?hl=en&
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], May 2, 2007
  5. <> wrote in message
    > On May 2, 1:31 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <>
    > wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > > > I had posted this query about 3 days back but having got no response
    > > > yet, I am posting the same query again since I need to resolve the
    > > > issue urgently. Sorry for the same... I have already lost quite a lot
    > > > of time pondering on this issue without any positive outcome.

    > > > I am trying to send mails through ASP using CDO.MESSAGE but I don't
    > > > know why I am always getting the following error message:

    > > > Cannot modify or delete an object that was added using the COM+ Admin
    > > > SDK.

    > > > This is the code (the usual standard code for sending mails using
    > > > ASP....nothing more than that):

    > > > <%
    > > > Dim strMsg,sch,cdoConfig,cdoMessage

    > > > strMsg="Hello how are you?"
    > > > sch="http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"
    > > > Set cdoConfig=Server.CreateObject("CDO.CONFIGURATION")
    > > > With cdoConfig.Fields
    > > > .Item(sch & "sendusing")=2
    > > > .Item(sch & "smtpserver")="smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk"
    > > > .Item(sch & "smtpserverport")=25

    > > Try without this last line, i.e., without setting the port.
    > > --
    > > Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    > > Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
    > > header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
    > > quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.- Hide quoted text -

    > That doesn't make any difference, Sir. Any other suggestions?
    >
    > Pleeeeeeeeease help me resolve this problem......I earnestly beg
    > you.....

    It seems highly unlikely that yahoo are going to have an open mail port in
    this way. You are going to need to authenticate as a user. Do you have
    some logon credentials provided to you?

    Can you imagine the SPAM abuse this would get otherwise.
    Anthony Jones, May 3, 2007
  6. Anthony Jones wrote:

    > It seems highly unlikely that yahoo are going to have an open mail
    > port in this way.

    abuse this would get otherwise.

    Damn! I missed that! Good catch.
    <note to self: read the posts more carefully!>
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], May 3, 2007

    On May 3, 8:37 pm, "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <>
    wrote:
    > Anthony Jones wrote:

    > > It seems highly unlikely that yahoo are going to have an open mail
    > > port in this way.

    > abuse this would get otherwise.
    >
    > Damn! I missed that! Good catch.
    > <note to self: read the posts more carefully!>
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    I got it. What I was missing were the following 3 lines within With
    cdoConfig.Fields:

    ..Item(sch & "smtpauthenticate")=1
    ..Item(sch & "sendusername")="myusername"
    ..Item(sch & "sendpassword")="mypassword"

    Thanks for all your inputs,

    Regards,

    RON
    , May 3, 2007