Once in a while, a few users can not authenticate..

Edwin Knoppert

We have a few thousand users loggin in on our website.

I ever wrote an authentication system as found as example on internet
having:
HttpCookie authCookie = new HttpCookie(FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName,
encryptedTicket);
context.Response.Cookies.Add(authCookie);
etc..

In global.asax i read the cookie, parse the roles again and set the user
(principal).

This works well for all except a few users.
I don't think the global asax part fail, authentication is not directly
related to this part right?
It's only required for the roles.
We have an indicator on line shows they are still not logged in.
Seems the authentication failes, it seems the cookie is not written.

This seems a typical MSIE problem.
Pointing users to a test page with some javascript to obtain the navigator
info shows that the user has cookies enabled.
Looks to me that it's nearly impossible that this is a js is turned off
situation or so.

??