Onchange event - need to click out?

Chris Ashley

I'm using the javascript onchange event in a few places but it's
behaviour isn't as expected. In order for this event to fire after
changing text in a textbox, the user needs to either tab out of the
textbox or click somewhere else on the page. This isn't really ideal -
is there another event I can use which will fire immediately when a
user changes text in a textbox?

Chris

Karl Seguin

Your only choice would be to capture the OnKeyUp event. If you want to fire
a server-side handler, you'll need to manually call __doPostBack from the
client-side OnKeyUp.

Karl