    <option value="CLOSED">CLOSED</option>
    </select></td>

    sql="UPDATE dbE SET Status = 'CLOSED' WHERE EMAILid = 25"

    dthmtlgod, Aug 3, 2005

  2. dthmtlgod wrote:
    > When a user changes the value in a select statement, I would like to
    > update the recordset using a onchange event.
    > Could someone please point me in the right direction? Would like to
    > stay away from forms if possible.

    Then you're outside the realm of asp. You need to ask this question in a
    remote scripting or client-side scripting newsgroup.

    Bob Barrows

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 3, 2005

  3. dthmtlgod

    Phill. W Guest

    "dthmtlgod" <> wrote in message
    > When a user changes the value in a select statement,

    .... by which you mean HTML "select" form field ...

    > I would like to update the recordset using a onchange event.

    Where is the recordset? Your server-side ASP.
    Where is the HTML field? In the client browser.

    The *only* way to move data between to two is to submit the form
    data to the web server and process it there (indeed, once the HTML
    page has been delivered to the client browser, the ASP's recordset
    won't even exist!).

    > Would like to stay away from forms if possible.
    > Could someone please point me in the right direction?

    Forms /are/ the way to go with this.

    HTH,
    Phill W.

    Phill. W, Aug 3, 2005
  4. dthmtlgod

    CJM Guest

    "Phill. W" <P.A.Ward@o-p-e-n-.-a-c-.-u-k> wrote in message

    > The *only* way to move data between to two is to submit the form
    > data to the web server and process it there (indeed, once the HTML
    > page has been delivered to the client browser, the ASP's recordset
    > won't even exist!).

    As Bob hinted at, you can use other techniques such as Remote Scripting/XML
    Data Islands to achieve this, but (as Bob said) it's outside the scope of
    this group.

    >> Would like to stay away from forms if possible.
    >> Could someone please point me in the right direction?

    > Forms /are/ the way to go with this.

    Forms are needed either way - a full server round-trip can be avoided
    depending on what approach you choose.

    Chris

    CJM, Aug 3, 2005