onchange

rturner99

Hi all,
Im fairly new to all this and was after a little bit of help. I
apologise now as my Javascript is extremely limited. I currently have
an ASP page which has a drop down menu which is dynamically populated
from an MS SQL database. It has 4 options which can be chosen. These
are, Complete, On schedule, Behind schedule and Archive. One of these
will get written back to the database in a field called Status
depending on what has been chosen. What I am after is if someone
selects Archive I want it to write back a 1 to a hidden field which is
called Archive which when the form submits it will also write back a 1
to a field called Archive in the same table if you see what I mean!
After having a look around on the net I assume an "onchange" event
would be able to do this but being a bit dense when it comes to
Javascript I don't know really where to start.
Any help would be greatly appreciated and a little explanation on the
code would be useful to help me understand.
Thanks in advance
Richard

Randy Webb

rturner99 said:
[...]

Use ASP to do it.

Check the value of the Select list. If its Archive, then change two
fields in the Database. No JS needed at all.