onchange

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Wolf Grossi, Oct 21, 2007.

  1. Wolf Grossi

    Wolf Grossi Guest

    Hi folks,

    onsubmit a form is scanned tru all elements and the element is checked
    if it has onchange set.
    If so, onchange is executed.

    Assuming onchange looks like

    onchange=function onchange(event)
    {
    alert("Alert XXX");
    return checkNULL(this);
    }

    how can I execute the last statement of onchange only?

    Thanks for reading,
    Wolf

    Wolf Grossi, Oct 21, 2007

  2. Wolf Grossi

    GArlington Guest

    On 21 Oct, 16:38, Wolf Grossi <> wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > onsubmit a form is scanned tru all elements and the element is checked
    > if it has onchange set.
    > If so, onchange is executed.
    >
    > Assuming onchange looks like
    >
    > onchange=function onchange(event)
    > {
    > alert("Alert XXX");
    > return checkNULL(this);
    >
    > }
    >
    > how can I execute the last statement of onchange only?
    >
    > Thanks for reading,
    > Wolf

    Do you want to avoid getting alerts? The way it is programmed you can
    not. Cahnge the function to display conditional alert.

    GArlington, Oct 22, 2007

  3. Wolf Grossi

    Wolf Grossi Guest

    GArlington wrote:
    > On 21 Oct, 16:38, Wolf Grossi <> wrote:
    >> Hi folks,
    >>
    >> onsubmit a form is scanned tru all elements and the element is checked
    >> if it has onchange set.
    >> If so, onchange is executed.
    >>
    >> Assuming onchange looks like
    >>
    >> onchange=function onchange(event)
    >> {
    >> alert("Alert XXX");
    >> return checkNULL(this);
    >>
    >> }
    >>
    >> how can I execute the last statement of onchange only?
    >>
    >> Thanks for reading,
    >> Wolf

    > Do you want to avoid getting alerts? The way it is programmed you can
    > not. Cahnge the function to display conditional alert.

    No, I want to change *any* onchange function according to my needs.
    The above lines are just an example, apparently a bad one :)

    Thanks,
    Wolf

    Wolf Grossi, Oct 22, 2007