onclick of row of table the value should be in textbox in jsp

savita

Hello All,

I am new to jsp , trying very hard ,bot to no avail.

Onclick of row of table (html table) on first jsp the value in the
row should be displayed in the textbox on second page in jsp.
The table consists of records from database.

Is it that we have to get the rowindex of table and the pass the
corresponding value related to rowindex to the textbox?
And should the records from database should be stored in arraylist
and then display in table?

How do I do it? If anyone could pass the code or related link will be
helpful.

Thanks

Sanjay

savita said:
Hello All,

I am new to jsp , trying very hard ,bot to no avail.

Onclick of row of table (html table) on first jsp the value in the
row should be displayed in the textbox on second page in jsp.
The table consists of records from database.

Is it that we have to get the rowindex of table and the pass the
corresponding value related to rowindex to the textbox?
And should the records from database should be stored in arraylist
and then display in table?

How do I do it? If anyone could pass the code or related link will be
helpful.

Thanks

This is a HTML question. By the way which value in the first jsp page
are you talking about? If your table has multiple columns and you click
on a row, then which value are you expecting to pass to second jsp page?

What I would do, is put an onclick event on the table row and set value
of window.href to your second page url and would encore the variable in
the url. On the second page, get it as a GET var.

Sanjay

savita

This is a HTML question. By the way which value in the first jsp page
are you talking about? If your table has multiple columns and you click
on a row, then which value are you expecting to pass to second jsp page?

What I would do, is put an onclick event on the table row and set value
of window.href to your second page url and would encore the variable in
the url. On the second page, get it as a GET var.

Sanjay- Hide quoted text -

Hello All,

I will redifined my problem.

savita

Hello All,

I will redifined my problem.- Hide quoted text -

Hello All,

I will redefined my problem . I am working on jsp.
I have one jsp page on which table is displayed. The table
consists of 2 columns,
first col consists radio button second col consists dept code.
What I want is onclick of any radio button the value of dept code
should be displayed in textbox
on second jsp.

The first jsp name is department.jsp.
The second jsp is indent.jsp.

In department.jsp I have <table> of html which displays dept code.The
table is in form tag
<form name="frm" action="indent.jsp">
I have submit button which calls indent.jsp
Is my approach correct?

Thanks

Lew

savita said:
I will redefined my problem . I am working on jsp.
I have one jsp page on which table is displayed. The table
consists of 2 columns,
first col consists radio button second col consists dept code.
What I want is onclick of any radio button the value of dept code
should be displayed in textbox
on second jsp.

The first jsp name is department.jsp.
The second jsp is indent.jsp.

In department.jsp I have <table> of html which displays dept code.The
table is in form tag
<form name="frm" action="indent.jsp">
I have submit button which calls indent.jsp
Is my approach correct?

Possibly.

Does it work?

savy

Possibly.

Does it work?

onclick of radio button on department page , the word on gets
displayed in texbox on indent.jsp instead of the dept code. Help is
urgently needed
Thanks