onClientClick does not work correctly after deploying

cyrus

Hi everybody,

I have created a simple web form which contains a repeater. every item of
the repeater has a button to delete the tiem.

my web form uses Resource files to globalizing the form (multiLanguage). the
value of the resource string is saved in a asp:hidden control to be used
later in a javascript function, so in the following code ConfirmMessage is a
asp:hidden control which saves the value of the properties of the resource
files.

So the value of ConfirmMessage is a confirm message from Resource files in 4
languages which will be showen when a client click on the RemoveBtn to delete
an item.

in developing environment everything works good and i deploy it to
production. within the production machine I browse to my site
(http://mydomain.com) and here everything works good, I get the confirm
message and when I click on Cancel it nothing happen (the item is not
deleted). But the problem is when I browse to production from another machine
it removes the item even when I click Cancel. it seems the javascript does
not works at all. it do a reload and it seems to go in to the onClick event.

Thank you for any help.

here is my code:

asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1"
Runat="Server">

function ShowConfirmDelete() {
var theMessage =
document.getElementById('<%=ConfirmMessage.ClientID%>').value;

return confirm(theMessage);
}

</script>

<asp:Repeater ID="DataList1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" >

<ItemTemplate>

asp:Label ID="itemdateLabel" runat="server" Text='<%#
Eval("CreatedDate","{0}") %>' />

<asp:Button ID="RemoveBtn" runat="server" Text="delete"
OnClick="RemoveBtn_Click" OnClientClick="return ShowConfirmDelete();" />

</ItemTemplate>

</asp:Repeater>

</asp:Content>

Jeff Dillon

cyrus said:
[...]

Thank you again,

Actually I dont familiar with view soruce and dont understan, i am going to
google about it.

Jeff Dillon

cyrus said:
Thank you again,

Actually I dont familiar with view soruce and dont understan, i am going
google about it.

If you are using Internet Explorer, right click on the page, and choose View
Source. It will show all the HTML markup and Javascript too. It sounds like
your Javascript isn't rendering correctly