    right-hand frames? I would prefer no javascript tricks for reasons too long
    to explain here.

    Any tricks anyone?

    Michael Laplante, May 21, 2006

  2. Michael Laplante wrote:
    > I'm creating html photoalbums. These will use frames (stop hissing -- it's
    > just for me and suits my particular needs).
    >
    > Layout will be left-hand navigation, right-upper file descriptions,
    > right-lower photo. Hope that makes sense.
    >
    > My quick question: Can a hyperlink be set up to load two files in the two
    > right-hand frames? I would prefer no javascript tricks for reasons too long
    > to explain here.
    >
    > Any tricks anyone?

    Load another frameset.

    --
    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, May 21, 2006

  3. Michael Laplante wrote:
    > I'm creating html photoalbums. These will use frames (stop hissing -- it's
    > just for me and suits my particular needs).
    >
    > Layout will be left-hand navigation, right-upper file descriptions,
    > right-lower photo. Hope that makes sense.
    >
    > My quick question: Can a hyperlink be set up to load two files in the two
    > right-hand frames? I would prefer no javascript tricks for reasons too long
    > to explain here.
    >
    > Any tricks anyone?

    Déjà vu! In HTML an A element can only link to one resource. You nmust
    either:

    A) Use client-side JavaScript
    B) Use server-side script and you must generate whole page, you could
    not communicate to both frames at once with server-side.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, May 21, 2006
  4. Michael Laplante

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Hywel Jenkins <> wrote:

    > Michael Laplante wrote:
    > > I'm creating html photoalbums. These will use frames (stop hissing -- it's
    > > just for me and suits my particular needs).
    > >
    > > Layout will be left-hand navigation, right-upper file descriptions,
    > > right-lower photo. Hope that makes sense.
    > >
    > > My quick question: Can a hyperlink be set up to load two files in the two
    > > right-hand frames? I would prefer no javascript tricks for reasons too long
    > > to explain here.
    > >
    > > Any tricks anyone?

    > Load another frameset.

    Yes. But it would mean making a different frameset for each pair
    of pic/descriptions. Why would OP want the description in a
    separate frame? Long descriptions and to enable scrolling in one
    frame without the other? By the time you have administered any
    such scheme, you will find it would have been simpler to have
    just 2 frames, nav and the pic and description in the other.
    prepare a good template for the content frame and just fill it
    with the various pairs.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, May 22, 2006