One click to load two files?

Michael Laplante

I'm creating html photoalbums. These will use frames (stop hissing -- it's
just for me and suits my particular needs).

Layout will be left-hand navigation, right-upper file descriptions,
right-lower photo. Hope that makes sense.

My quick question: Can a hyperlink be set up to load two files in the two
right-hand frames? I would prefer no javascript tricks for reasons too long
to explain here.

Any tricks anyone?

Hywel Jenkins

Michael said:
I'm creating html photoalbums. These will use frames (stop hissing -- it's
just for me and suits my particular needs).

Layout will be left-hand navigation, right-upper file descriptions,
right-lower photo. Hope that makes sense.

My quick question: Can a hyperlink be set up to load two files in the two
right-hand frames? I would prefer no javascript tricks for reasons too long
to explain here.

Any tricks anyone?

Load another frameset.

Jonathan N. Little

Michael said:
I'm creating html photoalbums. These will use frames (stop hissing -- it's
just for me and suits my particular needs).

Layout will be left-hand navigation, right-upper file descriptions,
right-lower photo. Hope that makes sense.

My quick question: Can a hyperlink be set up to load two files in the two
right-hand frames? I would prefer no javascript tricks for reasons too long
to explain here.

Any tricks anyone?

Déjà vu! In HTML an A element can only link to one resource. You nmust
either:

A) Use client-side JavaScript
B) Use server-side script and you must generate whole page, you could
not communicate to both frames at once with server-side.

dorayme

Hywel Jenkins said:
Load another frameset.

Yes. But it would mean making a different frameset for each pair
of pic/descriptions. Why would OP want the description in a
separate frame? Long descriptions and to enable scrolling in one
frame without the other? By the time you have administered any
such scheme, you will find it would have been simpler to have
just 2 frames, nav and the pic and description in the other.
prepare a good template for the content frame and just fill it
with the various pairs.