One client can't login to our site

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?S2VsbHk=?=, Oct 16, 2007.

  1. We just switched our web application from .NET 1.1 to 2. Once client can't
    login out of several that have been successful. They enter a correct user
    name and password, click the login button and they are redirected back to
    login with no errors or login failure. The same login account works fine from
    other machines at different locations.

    This client had no problem logging in before we switched. The login
    procedures are essentially the same except for the .NET version. They are
    using an updated IE6 browser.

    Here is what I'm doing:

    Build ticket:
    Dim ticket As New FormsAuthenticationTicket(1, ".TICKETNAME",
    System.DateTime.Now, System.DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(30), False,
    Session.SessionID)
    Dim authCookie As New HttpCookie(FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName,
    FormsAuthentication.Encrypt(ticket)) Response.Cookies.Add(authCookie)

    Make session variables:
    Session("LoginName") = prmLoginName.Value
    Session("DocGUID") = prmDoc.Value
    Session("EmpID") = prmEmployeeID.Value
    If prmEmployeeID.Value > 0 Then
    Session("UserClass") = "Staff"
    Else
    Session("UserClass") = "Client"
    End If
    Session("GetsCEM") = prmGetsCEMRpt.Value
    Session("GetsPAC") = prmGetsPACRpt.Value
    Session("GetsHOL") = prmGetsHOLRpt.Value

    Check for authentication and session value from the loading page:
    If Request.IsAuthenticated Then
    If Session("LoginName") <> "" Then

    [Proceed with page setup routines if successful....]

    Else
    FormsAuthentication.SignOut()
    Session.Abandon()
    Session.RemoveAll()

    Response.Redirect(Server_Protocol(Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME")) &
    "webaccess/login.aspx")
    End If

    Else

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VsbHk=?=, Oct 16, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2VsbHk=?=

    Rockn Guest

    Would they have the correct framework installed on their computer?

    Rockn, Oct 16, 2007

  3. "Rockn" <> wrote in message

    > Would they have the correct framework installed on their computer?

    Clients don't require the .NET Framework to use ASP.NET web apps...

    Just a (reasonably) modern browser...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Oct 16, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?S2VsbHk=?=

    bruce barker Guest

    check if cookies are turned off. you can also detect this problem on the
    server by settiing a cookie and redirecting to a page that test if a
    cookie exists. say in your redirect add login.aspx?cookie=set, and if
    the querystring is set, the cookie should exist. f not, display a page
    saying cookies are required to use your site.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Oct 16, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?S2VsbHk=?=

    Patrice Guest

    Looks like a cookie issue. I woudl check the cookie settings. Also do they
    have the good datetime, time zone ?

    You may want to create a test page to check if cookies seems to work fine...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Oct 16, 2007
  6. Thanks for the tip. I will set it up. But can you figure why they did not
    have trouble with the site before the switch to 2.0?

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VsbHk=?=, Oct 16, 2007
  7. Thanks. I will check out cookies and their system date/time. I hadn't thought
    of that.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VsbHk=?=, Oct 16, 2007