    I'm just following what the original script was using.
    Could be a simple placement of the division tag.

    Any ideas on how to correct appreciated.

    Richard, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > http://geocities.com/r_bullis/test3.html

    > I've managed to get to this point.
    > Problem is, I get an error saying that an item is not defined as an
    > object. When clicked on, the link should activate the first layer and does
    > not. I'm just following what the original script was using.
    > Could be a simple placement of the division tag.

    > Any ideas on how to correct appreciated.

    Found out I didn't end the script tag properly which caused the error.
    Still does not move the new layer into the window.

    Richard, Dec 17, 2004

  3. Richard

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > Richard wrote:
    >

    >>http://geocities.com/r_bullis/test3.html

    >>I've managed to get to this point.
    >>Problem is, I get an error saying that an item is not defined as an
    >>object. When clicked on, the link should activate the first layer and does
    >>not. I'm just following what the original script was using.
    >>Could be a simple placement of the division tag.

    >>Any ideas on how to correct appreciated.

    > Found out I didn't end the script tag properly which caused the error.
    > Still does not move the new layer into the window.

    Have you even tried validating this? Or, try running it in FireFox.
    FireFox instantly tells you that there's an object missing in it's
    JavaScript console. There's something badly wrong with your scripts.

    Validate your code. Test it in a modern browser that has a proper
    javascript console (like FireFox).

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Dec 17, 2004
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    SpaceGirl wrote:

    > Richard wrote:
    >> Richard wrote:
    >>

    >>>http://geocities.com/r_bullis/test3.html

    >>>I've managed to get to this point.
    >>>Problem is, I get an error saying that an item is not defined as an
    >>>object. When clicked on, the link should activate the first layer and
    >>>does not. I'm just following what the original script was using. Could be
    >>>a simple placement of the division tag.

    >>>Any ideas on how to correct appreciated.

    >> Found out I didn't end the script tag properly which caused the error.
    >> Still does not move the new layer into the window.
    >>

    > Have you even tried validating this? Or, try running it in FireFox.
    > FireFox instantly tells you that there's an object missing in it's
    > JavaScript console. There's something badly wrong with your scripts.

    > Validate your code. Test it in a modern browser that has a proper
    > javascript console (like FireFox).

    Beleive it or not, my latest local version actually validates!

    So somewhere I've got a variable that ain't working right.

    Firefox? Oh please. Not yet another IE look alike.
    Can somebody please design something NEW and innovative for a change?
    But perhaps you didn't notice that cute little windows logo when you have it
    open huh?
    Looks like Bill Gates and company is trying to enter the real world of
    surfing.
    As usual, with "stolen" goods.

    Richard, Dec 17, 2004
  5. Richard

    rf Guest

    Richard wrote:
    > SpaceGirl wrote:

    > > Validate your code. Test it in a modern browser that has a proper
    > > javascript console (like FireFox).

    > Beleive it or not, my latest local version actually validates!
    >
    > So somewhere I've got a variable that ain't working right.
    >
    > Firefox? Oh please. Not yet another IE look alike.
    > Can somebody please design something NEW and innovative for a change?
    > But perhaps you didn't notice that cute little windows logo when you have

    it
    > open huh?
    > Looks like Bill Gates and company is trying to enter the real world of
    > surfing.
    > As usual, with "stolen" goods.

    And you wonder why nobody is paying any bloody attention to you?

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 18, 2004
  6. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > SpaceGirl wrote:
    >
    > > Richard wrote:

    > >> Found out I didn't end the script tag properly which caused the error.
    > >> Still does not move the new layer into the window.
    > >>

    > > Have you even tried validating this? Or, try running it in FireFox.
    > > FireFox instantly tells you that there's an object missing in it's
    > > JavaScript console. There's something badly wrong with your scripts.

    > > Validate your code. Test it in a modern browser that has a proper
    > > javascript console (like FireFox).

    > Beleive it or not, my latest local version actually validates!
    >
    > So somewhere I've got a variable that ain't working right.
    >
    > Firefox? Oh please. Not yet another IE look alike.

    RTS, you still have no idea, do you? Please explain why Firefox is an
    IE look alike.

    > Can somebody please design something NEW and innovative for a change?

    You mean like the Mozilla Foundation has done?

    > But perhaps you didn't notice that cute little windows logo when you have it
    > open huh?

    What are you wittering on about Stupid?

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 18, 2004
  7. Richard

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Richard wrote:

    >>Have you even tried validating this? Or, try running it in FireFox.
    >>FireFox instantly tells you that there's an object missing in it's
    >>JavaScript console. There's something badly wrong with your scripts.

    >>Validate your code. Test it in a modern browser that has a proper
    >>javascript console (like FireFox).

    > Beleive it or not, my latest local version actually validates!
    >
    > So somewhere I've got a variable that ain't working right.
    >
    > Firefox? Oh please. Not yet another IE look alike.

    Uh FireFox is the best renderer on the market and nothing at ALL like IE.

    Tabbed browsing, plugins, the fastest and most accurate rendering engine
    out of all of the browser, built in popup blacking (which IE then
    copied). Plus, the web developers plugin - which your obviously not
    using. Seriously, try it - you wont even swtich back. FF is no flash in
    the pand - IE is looking about .5% a month to FF.

    > Can somebody please design something NEW and innovative for a change?

    Such as? We're just talking browsers here. The market will only take so
    much innovation.

    > But perhaps you didn't notice that cute little windows logo when you have it
    > open huh?
    > Looks like Bill Gates and company is trying to enter the real world of
    > surfing.

    Mozilla Org (FireFox) have to compete with IE. Better to design
    something users are familia with rather than reinventing the wheel.
    People are frightened of change.

    > As usual, with "stolen" goods.

    FireFox has lots of inovative features. IE does nothing other than
    browse, and it does THAT really badly (the slowest of the browsers, the
    one that least respects the standards, the one with the most rendering
    engine bugs, the one that has to be patched once a month because of
    security scares).

    You really need to expand on what you meant, because sound slike you're
    trolling a bit, or simply haven't tried FF.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Dec 18, 2004
  8. Richard

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    > In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    >
    >> SpaceGirl wrote:

    >>>Have you even tried validating this? Or, try running it in FireFox.
    >>>FireFox instantly tells you that there's an object missing in it's
    >>>JavaScript console. There's something badly wrong with your scripts.

    >>>Validate your code. Test it in a modern browser that has a proper
    >>>javascript console (like FireFox).

    >>Beleive it or not, my latest local version actually validates!
    >>
    >>So somewhere I've got a variable that ain't working right.
    >>
    >>Firefox? Oh please. Not yet another IE look alike.

    > RTS, you still have no idea, do you? Please explain why Firefox is an
    > IE look alike.
    >

    >>Can somebody please design something NEW and innovative for a change?

    > You mean like the Mozilla Foundation has done?
    >

    >>But perhaps you didn't notice that cute little windows logo when you have it
    >>open huh?

    > What are you wittering on about Stupid?

    He means the little spinning logo in the top right hand corner. What he
    totally misses is that back in the early 90s, Netscape (who spawned
    Mozilla and the whole open source browser market) had their little logo
    spinning in the top right corner YEARS before Micorosft even HAD a web
    browser. If anyone copied anyone it was Microsoft, but now FF is here
    and IE is looking pretty weak.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Dec 18, 2004
  9. In article <>,
    says...
    > >>But perhaps you didn't notice that cute little windows logo when you have it
    > >>open huh?

    > > What are you wittering on about Stupid?
    > >

    > He means the little spinning logo in the top right hand corner.

    I don't have a spinning logo. Mine rotates.

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 18, 2004
  10. Richard expressed precisely :
    > SpaceGirl wrote:
    >
    >> Richard wrote:

    >>> Found out I didn't end the script tag properly which caused the error.
    >>> Still does not move the new layer into the window.
    >>>

    >> Have you even tried validating this? Or, try running it in FireFox.
    >> FireFox instantly tells you that there's an object missing in it's
    >> JavaScript console. There's something badly wrong with your scripts.

    >> Validate your code. Test it in a modern browser that has a proper
    >> javascript console (like FireFox).

    > Beleive it or not, my latest local version actually validates!
    >
    > So somewhere I've got a variable that ain't working right.
    >
    > Firefox? Oh please. Not yet another IE look alike.
    > Can somebody please design something NEW and innovative for a change?
    > But perhaps you didn't notice that cute little windows logo when you have it
    > open huh?
    > Looks like Bill Gates and company is trying to enter the real world of
    > surfing.
    > As usual, with "stolen" goods.

    this post really makes you look a bit stupid richard.

    --
    This is an automatic signature of MesNews.
    Site : http://www.mesnews.net

    Disco Octopus, Dec 18, 2004
  11. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
    > Firefox? Oh please. Not yet another IE look alike.
    > Can somebody please design something NEW and innovative for a change?
    > But perhaps you didn't notice that cute little windows logo when you have it
    > open huh?
    > Looks like Bill Gates and company is trying to enter the real world of
    > surfing.
    > As usual, with "stolen" goods.

    .... I don't know about the Bill Gates conspiracy theory. I think it is
    the Luxenbourgians. I have been keeping my eye on these guys! Yea,
    there small, and they don't have an army per se. But you have to admit,
    they are sneaky little bastards.....

    --
    -=*Tn*=-

    Travis Newbury, Dec 18, 2004
  12. While the city slept, rf (rf@.invalid) feverishly typed...

    > Richard wrote:

    [blah blah blah]

    > And you wonder why nobody is paying any bloody attention to you?

    To who? Oh. Him! ;-)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss
    http://www.nigenet.org.uk

    nice.guy.nige, Dec 18, 2004
  13. Richard

    Kris Guest

    In article <>,
    Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > > Firefox? Oh please. Not yet another IE look alike.
    > > Can somebody please design something NEW and innovative for a change?
    > > But perhaps you didn't notice that cute little windows logo when you have it
    > > open huh?
    > > Looks like Bill Gates and company is trying to enter the real world of
    > > surfing.
    > > As usual, with "stolen" goods.

    > ... I don't know about the Bill Gates conspiracy theory. I think it is
    > the Luxenbourgians. I have been keeping my eye on these guys! Yea,
    > there small, and they don't have an army per se. But you have to admit,
    > they are sneaky little bastards.....

    Have you ever seen Monaciis or Andorrans in battle?

    --
    Kris
    <> (nl)

    Kris, Dec 18, 2004
  14. OT: Re: One fixed....new snag to contend with

    Kris <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    >> ... I don't know about the Bill Gates conspiracy theory. I think it is
    >> the Luxenbourgians. I have been keeping my eye on these guys! Yea,
    >> there small, and they don't have an army per se. But you have to admit,
    >> they are sneaky little bastards.....

    > Have you ever seen Monaciis or Andorrans in battle?

    I guess, they try to kill the opponent by throwing gold bars and heaps
    of stock on them? ;-)

    Martin Bialasinski, Dec 18, 2004
  15. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message

    > He means the little spinning logo in the top right hand corner. What he
    > totally misses is that back in the early 90s, Netscape (who spawned
    > Mozilla and the whole open source browser market) had their little logo
    > spinning in the top right corner YEARS before Micorosft even HAD a web
    > browser. If anyone copied anyone it was Microsoft, but now FF is here
    > and IE is looking pretty weak.
    >
    > --

    No I do not mean the spinning logo.
    Look to the very bottom left corner of your screen.
    Do you see the start button?
    Do you see the little windows logo?
    If firefox is not a microsoft product, then why does it use the same logo in
    the same tray when you have it open?

    When MS introduced IE, a man sued MS for literally stealing his idea.
    He named his tool IE and MS ran with it literally.
    As I recall, there was a settlement reached out of court.

    Richard, Dec 18, 2004
  16. Richard

    McKirahan Guest

    [snip]

    > No I do not mean the spinning logo.
    > Look to the very bottom left corner of your screen.
    > Do you see the start button?
    > Do you see the little windows logo?
    > If firefox is not a microsoft product, then why does it use the same logo

    in
    > the same tray when you have it open?

    [snip]

    Are you talking about the Start button?

    McKirahan, Dec 18, 2004
  17. SpaceGirl wrote:
    > Hywel Jenkins wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>, Anonymous@127.001
    >> says...
    >>
    >>> But perhaps you didn't notice that cute little windows logo
    >>> when you have it open huh?

    >> What are you wittering on about Stupid?

    > He means the little spinning logo in the top right hand corner.

    What he may mean is something I just saw mentioned in another group -
    that Firefox will display the default 'flying windows' icon at the
    left of the titlebar instead of the Firefox icon. It may be a bug in
    the installer.

    Apparently, it only does this on some installations when the OS is 98
    or ME. There was a fix mentioned, adding folders and stuff in the
    profile tree.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 18, 2004
  18. Richard

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > Look to the very bottom left corner of your screen.

    Yes, looking there right now.

    > Do you see the start button?

    On this machine[1], yes.

    > Do you see the little windows logo?

    Again, on this machine yes.

    > If firefox is not a microsoft product, then why does it use the same logo in
    > the same tray when you have it open?

    Erm, what are you talking about? *Where* does FF use the Windows logo?
    The start button isn't part of FF, so it can't be that that you are
    talking about, surely? The only logos that I can see that FF have used
    anywhere are little blue spheres with a fox curled around them and a
    little circle made up of smaller green circles... can't see the Windows
    logo anywhere.

    __________
    [1] On my other machines that I use FF on, I don't see any start buttons
    or Windows logos anywhere as they are running Linux.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, Dec 18, 2004
  19. In article <>, Anonymous@127.001 says...

    > "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > He means the little spinning logo in the top right hand corner. What he
    > > totally misses is that back in the early 90s, Netscape (who spawned
    > > Mozilla and the whole open source browser market) had their little logo
    > > spinning in the top right corner YEARS before Micorosft even HAD a web
    > > browser. If anyone copied anyone it was Microsoft, but now FF is here
    > > and IE is looking pretty weak.
    > >
    > > --

    > Look to the very bottom left corner of your screen.

    I'm looking.

    > Do you see the start button?

    Yes.

    > Do you see the little windows logo?

    Yes.

    > If firefox is not a microsoft product, then why does it use the same logo in
    > the same tray when you have it open?

    The Start button has nothing to do with open applications, RTS,
    Microsoft or otherwise.

    > When MS introduced IE, a man sued MS for literally stealing his idea.
    > He named his tool IE and MS ran with it literally.
    > As I recall, there was a settlement reached out of court.

    You have now powers of recollection, though, do you, RTS, you prick?

    --
    Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
    I do not eat quiche.

    Hywel Jenkins, Dec 18, 2004
  20. Beauregard T. Shagnasty replied to hisself:

    > What he may mean is something I just saw mentioned in another group
    > - that Firefox will display the default 'flying windows' icon at
    > the left of the titlebar instead of the Firefox icon. It may be a
    > bug in the installer.
    >
    > Apparently, it only does this on some installations when the OS is
    > 98 or ME. There was a fix mentioned, adding folders and stuff in
    > the profile tree.

    Here's the fix from that other group. Thank you, Lee.

    <quote>
    This is an ME/98 issue only, doesn't show up in NT/XP.

    In the profile chrome folder, you will need to create a folder called
    icons, and a subfolder called default, if they are not already there.
    Then you need to place an icon in the icons\default folder, named
    main-window.ico.

    Place the default Firefox [16x16] icon here:
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\chrome\icons\default

    icons\default you will {probably) have to create.

    Open FF and the main window icon and the taskbar icon will be changed.

    Note that if you uninstall/reinstall, as when upgrading to a new
    version, you will have to replace these folders and file, so back it up.
    </quote>

    Here is a copy of the icon file:
    http://home.rochester.rr.com/bshagnasty/images/main-window.ico

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Dec 18, 2004