    HTH,
    Darren Kopp
    http://blog.secudocs.com/
    Darren Kopp, Feb 15, 2006

  2. re:
    > If your app is running on Server 2000 or Server 2003
    > (I believe it's both, 2003 for sure)

    Yes, 2003 for sure, but not 2000.

    W2K runs IIS 5.0, which doesn't use Application Pools.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 15, 2006

  3. I don't see nothing like this on Windows 2000 or Windows XP computers... Is
    there a configuration to do such thing on these servers? Or is it "obscure"?

    Ravi Ambros Wallau, Feb 15, 2006
  4. So, is there such behavior on W2K?

    Ravi Ambros Wallau, Feb 15, 2006
  5. Dear friends:
    This is my third question on this news in three days... Sorry for this
    spam behavior :)
    I've a lot of problems on "first page load" after some change on
    web.config or even in the contents of bin folder...
    Nathan Sokalski passed me a link to ILMerge library, I've made some
    tests grouping a set of DLL's that are loaded without reflection, but there
    were no improvements on load time.
    I've noted that ASP.NET copies all assemblies that are on bin folder to
    the Temporary ASP.NET Files, located on Framework folder under Windows
    folder. I don't know why ASP.NET does that, but whatever, I think that this
    behavior cannot be modified.
    My question is: When using ASP.NET 1.1, is there some automatic
    recycling behavior? My pages are not changed often. But we have the
    impression that, once or twice in a day, the time took to load a page is
    heavily increased, even if this page has no great processing on this
    operation... Am I missing something? ASP.NET does this for any reason?

    Thanks,

    --
    Ravi Wallau
    Ravi Ambros Wallau, Feb 15, 2006
  6. I'm not sure what you mean by "such behavior", but I can guarantee
    that Application Pools don't exist under W2K ( under IIS 5.0 ).

    Juan T. Llibre, Feb 15, 2006
  7. Darren Kopp

    Darren Kopp Guest

    Thanks for the info, I don't have access to 2000 server so i couldn't
    check myself.

    -Darren
    Darren Kopp, Feb 15, 2006
  8. Darren Kopp

    Darren Kopp Guest

    I know the application pool isn't on Windows XP, and Juan has said that
    it's not on 2000, so you may need to look to another cause.

    Try adding some code in the Application_BeginRequest event that logs
    when it is invoked, to see if your application recycling is actually
    your problem.

    For future posts, what is the website being hosted on? Server 2000,
    2003, or Windows XP?

    -Darren
    Darren Kopp, Feb 15, 2006
  9. I mean recycle the application if it's idle...

    Ravi Ambros Wallau, Feb 15, 2006
  10. All... Windows XP for development, both 2000 and 2003 for production
    servers...

    Ravi Ambros Wallau, Feb 15, 2006
  11. Darren Kopp

    Darren Kopp Guest

    I don't know if this would apply to Windows 2000, but there is a
    section in the web.config that you can change the process recycling. I
    don't know if it defaults to something or not, or if IIS overrides it.
    A blind guess at best, but hopefully one that helps.

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <processModel timeout="60" />
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    HTH,
    Darren Kopp
    http://blog.secudocs.com/
    Darren Kopp, Feb 15, 2006
  12. Re: One last question about ASP.NET 1.1 application recycling, loa

    I'm not sure if this will help you out or not, but the process model for IIS5
    is different than that of IIS6. The configurable parameters are basically
    the same but there are some subtle but significant differences. There's a
    pretty good discussion on the topic here:

    http://www.yeyan.cn/WebDesign/IISProcessModels.aspx

    Also, make sure you have the debug attribute of the compilation elelement in
    your web config set to false.

    <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="false" />

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/s10awwz0.aspx

    -Matt
    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBUb3dlcnM=?=, Feb 24, 2006