One link two targets possible?

starlight

I know an anchor is designed for use with one link such as

Now suppose you have two Iframes named "left" and "rite".

My simple text message is "search engines".

When user clicks on "search engines" google.com appears in the "left" iframe and
yahoo.com appears in the "rite" iframe.

Is anything like that possible or feasable in html alone?

thanks

C A Upsdell

starlight said:
I know an anchor is designed for use with one link such as

Now suppose you have two Iframes named "left" and "rite".

My simple text message is "search engines".

When user clicks on "search engines" google.com appears in the "left" iframe and
yahoo.com appears in the "rite" iframe.

Yes. Use FRAMEs instead of IFRAMEs.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

starlight said:
I know an anchor is designed for use with one link such as

Now suppose you have two Iframes named "left" and "rite".

My simple text message is "search engines".

When user clicks on "search engines" google.com appears in the "left" iframe and
yahoo.com appears in the "rite" iframe.

Is there a copyright issue here? Do you have permission from Google and
Yahoo to display their content in your page?
Is anything like that possible or feasable in html alone?

Yes, but it wouldn't work if you tried to do it with my sites...

rf

starlight said:
I know an anchor is designed for use with one link such as

Now suppose you have two Iframes named "left" and "rite".

My simple text message is "search engines".

When user clicks on "search engines" google.com appears in the "left"
iframe and
yahoo.com appears in the "rite" iframe.

Gee. I thought there were more than just two "search engines" :)
Is anything like that possible or feasable in html alone?

Yes but don't do it. If I clicked on a link and saw both google *and* yahoo
appear on my screen I would immediately hit the big red POWER DOWN button.

Seriously, why on the &planet; do you want to do this?

Toby A Inkster

rf said:
If I clicked on a link and saw both google *and* yahoo appear on my
screen I would immediately hit the big red POWER DOWN button.

Seems like a bit of an over-reaction to me. You should at least save
any files you're working on first.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 37 days, 19:36.]

Bottled Water
http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/02/18/bottled-water/

richard

Is there a copyright issue here? Do you have permission from Google and
Yahoo to display their content in your page?

Yes, but it wouldn't work if you tried to do it with my sites...

I have a hunch he was using the "search engine", google and yahoo,
purely as an example. Oh and speaking of copyright issues, does google
or yahoo have the legal right to display YOUR copyrighted material on
it's pages? Then what if you have google set as your home page?

Is it not possible then that the actual content he would be displaying
would be of his own creation?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

richard said:
I have a hunch he was using the "search engine", google and yahoo,
purely as an example.

If that would be so, don't you think he might have said it?