    yahoo.com appears in the "rite" iframe.

    Is anything like that possible or feasable in html alone?

    thanks

    starlight, Mar 7, 2008

  2. starlight

    C A Upsdell Guest

    starlight wrote:
    > I know an anchor is designed for use with one link such as
    >
    > Now suppose you have two Iframes named "left" and "rite".
    >
    > My simple text message is "search engines".
    >
    > When user clicks on "search engines" google.com appears in the "left" iframe and
    > yahoo.com appears in the "rite" iframe.

    Yes. Use FRAMEs instead of IFRAMEs.

    C A Upsdell, Mar 7, 2008

  3. starlight wrote:

    > I know an anchor is designed for use with one link such as
    >
    > Now suppose you have two Iframes named "left" and "rite".
    >
    > My simple text message is "search engines".
    >
    > When user clicks on "search engines" google.com appears in the "left" iframe and
    > yahoo.com appears in the "rite" iframe.

    Is there a copyright issue here? Do you have permission from Google and
    Yahoo to display their content in your page?

    > Is anything like that possible or feasable in html alone?

    Yes, but it wouldn't work if you tried to do it with my sites...

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 7, 2008
  4. starlight

    rf Guest

    "starlight" <> wrote in message
    >I know an anchor is designed for use with one link such as
    >
    > Now suppose you have two Iframes named "left" and "rite".
    >
    > My simple text message is "search engines".
    >
    > When user clicks on "search engines" google.com appears in the "left"
    > iframe and
    > yahoo.com appears in the "rite" iframe.

    Gee. I thought there were more than just two "search engines" :)

    > Is anything like that possible or feasable in html alone?

    Yes but don't do it. If I clicked on a link and saw both google *and* yahoo
    appear on my screen I would immediately hit the big red POWER DOWN button.

    Seriously, why on the &planet; do you want to do this?

    --
    Richard.

    rf, Mar 7, 2008
  5. rf wrote:

    > If I clicked on a link and saw both google *and* yahoo appear on my
    > screen I would immediately hit the big red POWER DOWN button.

    Seems like a bit of an over-reaction to me. You should at least save
    any files you're working on first.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    [OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 37 days, 19:36.]

    Bottled Water
    http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/02/18/bottled-water/

    Toby A Inkster, Mar 7, 2008
  6. starlight

    richard Guest

    On Fri, 07 Mar 2008 12:03:13 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >starlight wrote:
    >
    >> I know an anchor is designed for use with one link such as
    >>
    >> Now suppose you have two Iframes named "left" and "rite".
    >>
    >> My simple text message is "search engines".
    >>
    >> When user clicks on "search engines" google.com appears in the "left" iframe and
    >> yahoo.com appears in the "rite" iframe.

    >Is there a copyright issue here? Do you have permission from Google and
    >Yahoo to display their content in your page?
    >
    >> Is anything like that possible or feasable in html alone?

    >Yes, but it wouldn't work if you tried to do it with my sites...

    I have a hunch he was using the "search engine", google and yahoo,
    purely as an example. Oh and speaking of copyright issues, does google
    or yahoo have the legal right to display YOUR copyrighted material on
    it's pages? Then what if you have google set as your home page?

    Is it not possible then that the actual content he would be displaying
    would be of his own creation?

    --

    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain(attributed)

    richard, Mar 7, 2008
  7. richard wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
    >> starlight wrote:
    >>> When user clicks on "search engines" google.com appears in the
    >>> "left" iframe and yahoo.com appears in the "rite" iframe.

    >> Is there a copyright issue here? Do you have permission from Google
    >> and Yahoo to display their content in your page?

    > I have a hunch he was using the "search engine", google and yahoo,
    > purely as an example.

    If that would be so, don't you think he might have said it?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 7, 2008