One of my joomla webpages has been hacked. Please help.

Dwight Hutto

This is not a Joomla forum. We do not know how to run code in Joomla.

PHP, CSS, HTML, JAVASCRIPT, templates, that is if you study CMS, and
look at other languages.

Regardless of whether the code is Python, or Perl, or Lisp, or Lua, or
any of thousands of different languages, your question is about Joomla.

No, joomla is a CMS framework of several languages. You're right, this
is a Joomla question, but even python could be added into joomla as an

Please ask it on a Joomla forum.
D'Aprano
And when you are there, don't ask them to fix your Python bugs.

If they know Joomla(PHP, CSS, HTML, JAVASCRIPT, templates), then they
should know something about python, unlike Steven D'Aprano, who only
knows Python, and in other posts, not that well to be a self
proclaimed expert.

Chris Angelico

If they know Joomla(PHP, CSS, HTML, JAVASCRIPT, templates), then they
should know something about python, unlike Steven D'Aprano, who only
knows Python, and in other posts, not that well to be a self
proclaimed expert.

Steven's point is not that we, human beings (or parahuman beings, as
the case may be), do not know how to run code in Joomla; I've worked
with it, and know something about it, and my day job involves some PHP
programming, so there's a reasonable chance that I could help him. (If
I cared to. I don't have very much sympathy for security holes in old
versions of big frameworks.)

But this is not the forum for it. We, the collective intelligence of
python-list and comp.lang.python, are not experts on PHP, Joomla, etc,
etc, etc. The fact that, in theory, you could make Joomla use Python
is insignificant. I could write a Python script that fetches content
from a Joomla web site, but that doesn't make Joomla questions
appropriate here.

ChrisA

Dwight Hutto

Steven's point is not that we, human beings (or parahuman beings, as
the case may be), do not know how to run code in Joomla; I've worked
with it, and know something about it, and my day job involves some PHP
programming, so there's a reasonable chance that I could help him.

Then a referral, is what he needs, and what you need is to tell others
you're a cross languaged programmer.

(If
I cared to. I don't have very much sympathy for security holes in old

SYmpathy, how about empathy, to show your designs can have bugs, which
is why they have version.
versions of big frameworks.)

Then refer him to the joomla security hole mailing list

Or extend your skills, help him, then refer him

But this is not the forum for it. We, the collective intelligence of
python-list and comp.lang.python, are not experts on PHP, Joomla, etc,

We're the borg. We have google to help, or another mailing list with data.
etc, etc. The fact that, in theory, you could make Joomla use Python
is insignificant. I could write a Python script that fetches content
from a Joomla web site, but that doesn't make Joomla questions
appropriate here.
It does if the page he's using uses Python execution of code.

Íßêïò Ãêñååê

Ôç ÊõñéáêÞ, 23 Óåðôåìâñßïõ 2012 7:48:40 ð.ì. UTC+3, ï ÷ñÞóôçò David Hutto Ýãñáøå:
No, joomla is a CMS framework of several languages. You're right, this

is a Joomla question, but even python could be added into joomla as an

Thank you for pointing this out, looks very interesting, i already asked inforum.joomla.gr and i will post back if this is doable or not which as youclaim it must be.

It would be nice if out python scripts can be used along with Joomla CMS, Drupal or even Wordpress.

Dwight Hutto

It would be nice if out python scripts can be used along with Joomla CMS, Drupal or even Wordpress.

As long as the server side prerequisites has been met, then the code
should execute as long as it is allowed in the plugins.

Chris Angelico

Then a referral, is what he needs, and what you need is to tell others
you're a cross languaged programmer.

Okay. I hereby inform you all that I am polyglot. I know many
languages. But really, who here _isn't_? Is there anyone on this list
who has absolutely no skills outside of Python? I rather doubt it.
SYmpathy, how about empathy, to show your designs can have bugs, which
is why they have version.

Then refer him to the joomla security hole mailing list

How about: Google is your friend? I'm sure that a Joomla security hole
mailing list can easily be found at the opposite end of a web search.
We're the borg. We have google to help, or another mailing list with data.

He has Google to help, and he can access other mailing lists. Anyone
who wants to admin a web site ought to be able to find appropriate
places to ask questions. There's a reasonable level of courtesy and
assistance offered, but eventually, it's time to just say "This is off
topic" and not try to assist.

ChrisA

Íßêïò Ãêñååê

Ôç ÊõñéáêÞ, 23 Óåðôåìâñßïõ 2012 8:38:38 ð.ì. UTC+3, ï ÷ñÞóôçò Chris Angelico Ýãñáøå:
Okay. I hereby inform you all that I am polyglot. I know many

languages. But really, who here _isn't_? Is there anyone on this list

who has absolutely no skills outside of Python? I rather doubt it.

How about: Google is your friend? I'm sure that a Joomla security hole

mailing list can easily be found at the opposite end of a web search.

He has Google to help, and he can access other mailing lists. Anyone

who wants to admin a web site ought to be able to find appropriate

places to ask questions. There's a reasonable level of courtesy and

assistance offered, but eventually, it's time to just say "This is off

topic" and not try to assist.

ChrisA

I shouldn't have asked about Joomla here, or even about Python embedding within Joomla cms. I was under the impression that the latter was relevant toask here but it seems it isnt.

My bad, let's just close this thread so i don't waste anyone's time.

Wayne Werner

Okey i'll ask this to the officila joomla forum, one last thing though.

Is there a way to somehow embed(or utilize) python code, for example my python counter code script you have seen last week inside my Joomla/WordPress cms sites?

For example:

http://superhost.gr/ is my main website utilizing python counter script.

http://superhost.gr/html/?show=log is my own way(i prefer it over awstats - don't ask why) for viewing my visitors.

in my other sites which are CMS sites, like

http://varsa.gr
and
http://thessalonik.wordpress.com/

is there a possible way to embed(if thats the term) my python counter script there too?

so i can keep track of visitors info for each page i have there?

Sure, but why create a counter (ugh) when you can use something like
Google Analytics for free and get much more interesting and useful
metrics?

-Wayne

Emile van Sebille

On 9/26/2012 6:06 PM Wayne Werner said...
On Sun, 23 Sep 2012, Dwight Hutto wrote:

Oh, so you *are* a robot. That does explain your posts ;)

Damn. Now I'll forever more hear Stephen Hawkin's voice as I read the
repeated contexts. Maybe that'll help.

EMile

Prasad, Ramit

????? G??ee? wrote:

I shouldn't have asked about Joomla here, or even about Python embedding
within Joomla cms. I was under the impression that the latter was relevant to
ask here but it seems it isnt.

My bad, let's just close this thread so i don't waste anyone's time.

Now when/if you get Joomla to run Python codeand have a problem
with *Python* code/coding, feel free to come backand ask questions
on that.