One solution to: Server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP ...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sinisa Ruzin, Oct 13, 2004.

  1. Sinisa Ruzin

    Sinisa Ruzin Guest

    I am sure that many of you have got this unpleasant message:" Server
    is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP
    ....". I got it after completely rebuilding my machine and installing
    all patches and before starting putting my stuff, even before MS
    office. So, I was puzzled. Things like iisreset, regiis and other
    wonderful MS suggested solutions, have not resulted in anything except
    in me using more and more colorful language to describe my state of
    mind and my appreciation for modern technology.
    The VS.NET on the server was able to open the project evening before
    and just started giving me the ugly message the next day. Then, I
    rolled back the film and remembered what I did before the trouble
    started! I created a few new web-sites in the IIS on the same server
    and I used header host names. All sites worked well before I called it
    a day.

    The solution in this case was to change address of the project in the
    PROJECTNAME.csproj.webinfo from
    <Web URLPath = "http://localhost/VIRTUALDIR/PROJECTNAME.csproj" />
    <Web URLPath = "http://www.domainname.com/VIRTUALDIR/PROJECTNAME.csproj"
    />
    The VS.NET was able to open the project immediatelly.
    So, there must be some identification issue with usage of localhost
    while having multiple domains on the same machine.
    The machine is Win2k Server/SP4 + .NET 2003)

    I hope that this helps at least some of you.

    Cheers,
    Sinisa Ruzin(contact aaAT itdesign-inc.com)
    http://www.itdesign-inc.com
    -- Custom Web Solutions--

    Sinisa Ruzin, Oct 13, 2004

  2. RE: One solution to: Server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You wi

    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    I have been fighting with this for weeks, posting for help all over the
    places without any useful answer.

    I have not get to the point to run my project, at least I am getting by the
    urgly message page.

    =?Utf-8?B?aG9tZXI=?=, Oct 13, 2004