One swing application blocks another

shenia_nim

I have the following problem:
One swing application is executed in the following way:
- C++ code is executed via windows service
- this C++ code runs a batch file.
- the batch file executes swing application

When this swing application starts, another swing application is
executed from another place and is "stuck" on one of the

first swing functions (pack() of Window class). It remains in task
manager, doesn't throw any exception, resembles waiting in

turn for some resource.
The problem doesn't happen when the C++ code is executed from
command line and not from the Windows service.
It happens only on one computer.
The set of environment variables is same on working and non-working
computers.

There are 2 swing functions in the 1st applications that cause the
2nd appl-n to be stuck - UIManager.setLookAndFeel(...),

JFrame() - these I found to be a problem, but there are certainly
others.

OS is Windows 2000, java - 1.4.2_03

What resources are likely to be locked in this way?..