Online C tests

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by sophia, Mar 26, 2008.

  1. sophia

    sophia Guest

    sophia, Mar 26, 2008

  2. sophia

    Gerry Ford Guest

    "sophia" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Dear all,
    >
    > where can i get a good/valid certification in C programming
    > similar to the one given below
    >
    > http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/common/testcenter/taketest.xml?testId=52

    The first thing I would do is turn to English orthography.

    The whole "certification" thing I associate outside of the C programming
    language.

    Maybe you can make it germane.
    --

    "I am waiting for them to prove that God is really American."

    ~~ Lawrence Ferlinghetti
    Gerry Ford, Mar 26, 2008

  3. sophia said:

    > Dear all,
    >
    > where can i get a good/valid certification in C programming
    > similar to the one given below

    Make up your mind - did you want a good test, or the test you mention?

    We looked at the Brainbench test some years ago, and identified a number of
    serious issues with it.

    Email: -http://www. +rjh@
    Richard Heathfield, Mar 26, 2008
  4. sophia

    santosh Guest

    santosh, Mar 26, 2008
  5. sophia

    broli Guest

    On Mar 26, 12:44 pm, santosh <> wrote:

    > http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/common/testcenter/taketest.xml?testI...
    >
    > Don't you think a certification with an institute is better than an
    > online one? You'll find that in general online certifications are not
    > well regarded.

    Do you know of some institute/organization which provide such
    certifications in C ??
    broli, Mar 26, 2008
  6. sophia

    Guest

    On Mar 26, 1:50 pm, broli <> wrote:
    > On Mar 26, 12:44 pm, santosh <> wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/common/testcenter/taketest.xml?testI...

    > > Don't you think a certification with an institute is better than an
    > > online one? You'll find that in general online certifications are not
    > > well regarded.

    > Do you know of some institute/organization which provide such
    > certifications in C ??

    I'm a Brainbench C certified professional, believe me it doesn't make
    any difference.
    The only certifications that are considered valuable are the domain
    related certifications.
    Ex: Cisco Certifications.

    ~Jack
    --------------------------------------
    http://programmingsite.googlepages.com
    , Mar 26, 2008
  7. sophia

    santosh Guest

    broli wrote:

    > On Mar 26, 12:44 pm, santosh <> wrote:

    http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/common/testcenter/taketest.xml?testI...

    >> Don't you think a certification with an institute is better than an
    >> online one? You'll find that in general online certifications are not
    >> well regarded.

    > Do you know of some institute/organization which provide such
    > certifications in C ??

    This depends on the country doesn't it? Usually for a job in country X,
    it's best to get a certification from a good organisation in country X.
    And even a small amount of actual experience is worth several
    certifications.
    santosh, Mar 26, 2008
  8. sophia

    Guest

    > This depends on the country doesn't it? Usually for a job in country X,
    > it's best to get a certification from a good organisation in country X.
    > And even a small amount of actual experience is worth several
    > certifications.

    May be, i don't know about different country preferences, But
    brainbench is not a standard certification to go for, I just went for
    it when I was just out of my college hoping it could add a great value
    to my resume. But it doesn't add any value, no body actually knows
    about it, I was asked what is this Brainbench in almost all
    interviews... So I finally took it out of my resume :-(.

    If somebody wants to show their language and technical skill then I
    think writing their own tools and making it free source may add value,
    Since it shows that the candidate possesses most of the skills
    required for a project development.