Online Calendar (Ajax'y) recommendation?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by John Dalberg, Feb 13, 2006.

  1. John Dalberg

    John Dalberg Guest

    I would like to add a Calendar to my site. Something like airset.com is
    nice. It also needs to be open source so I can add to it.

    Any recommendation?

    John Dalberg
     
    John Dalberg, Feb 13, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. John Dalberg

    Fao, Sean Guest

    John Dalberg wrote:
    > I would like to add a Calendar to my site. Something like airset.com is
    > nice. It also needs to be open source so I can add to it.
    >
    > Any recommendation?


    No pun intended, but my recommendation is that you be more specific. I
    have no clue what you're asking for.

    --
    Sean
     
    Fao, Sean, Feb 13, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. John Dalberg

    John Dalberg Guest

    "Fao, Sean" <-WANT-NO-SPAM> wrote:
    > John Dalberg wrote:
    > > I would like to add a Calendar to my site. Something like airset.com is
    > > nice. It also needs to be open source so I can add to it.
    > >
    > > Any recommendation?

    >
    > No pun intended, but my recommendation is that you be more specific. I
    > have no clue what you're asking for.


    I mentioned airset.com. Did you try going there to know what I am talking
    about? I am surprised you don't know what an online calendar is.

    Go here and learn about those new calendars:
    http://www.techcrunch.com/2006/01/30/spongecell-an-ajax-calendar


    John Dalberg
     
    John Dalberg, Feb 13, 2006
    #3
  4. John Dalberg

    Guest

    I took a look out of curiosity. Spongecell is pretty slick.
    But to clarify, are you looking for just a datepicker? Or a full-blown
    appointment calendar?
    And do you want it to interact as part of an asp.net app that you
    already have in place?
     
    , Feb 13, 2006
    #4
  5. John Dalberg

    John Dalberg Guest

    wrote:
    > I took a look out of curiosity. Spongecell is pretty slick.
    > But to clarify, are you looking for just a datepicker? Or a full-blown
    > appointment calendar?
    > And do you want it to interact as part of an asp.net app that you
    > already have in place?


    It will be a full blown calendar/schedule. Meaning there's a backend side
    where calendar events are saved in a database and a service is running to
    notify me of reminders. Something like Outlook but be web based and does
    not depend on Exchange
    Server.

    I did some research and the closest I found was Infragistics' schedule. I
    have to find out if it's flexible enough for my needs. I would like to
    build on top of it a funtionality to let Outlook sync with it over the web.
    Airset has a sync app that does this (although it crashes on me a lot!).

    John Dalberg
     
    John Dalberg, Feb 13, 2006
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Jeff S

    Calendar Control Recommendation?

    Jeff S, Oct 31, 2003, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    491
    Brian Henry
    Nov 1, 2003
  2. minnie
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    711
    Andrew Thompson
    Dec 13, 2006
  3. =?Utf-8?B?bWF2cmlja18xMDE=?=

    Ajax recommendation for .net 1.1

    =?Utf-8?B?bWF2cmlja18xMDE=?=, Apr 20, 2007, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    284
    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=
    Apr 21, 2007
  4. Cirene
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    270
    Cirene
    Apr 22, 2008
  5. Cirene
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    444
    Cirene
    May 12, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page