online cookbook recipes

Ringwraith

Hello!

I want to ask You the question about the licence of ASPN online Python
Cookbook recipes. Under what licence are those recipes. If I want to use in
my application some parts of the code from some recipe, should I place a
statement saying who the author is, etc.?

Best Regards,

Niki

Josiah Carlson

Dear Python Cookbook Contributor,

Thank you very much for taking part in the Python Cookbook, and
submitting your recipe.

All of the scripts that are contributed to the Python Cookbook are and
will be available for free download from ActiveState's site. O'Reilly &
Associates, Inc. will publish a selection of the scripts from the site
in a book. ActiveState and O'Reilly will make the scripts and
explanations available under the same license that governs Python use.

By submitting a script, you are agreeing to the following terms:

1. You own the copyright to your own script and description. This
means that you can make whatever additional use of that script and
description that you choose.
2. All submitted material will be made freely available on the
ActiveState site under the Python license.
3. Every contributor whose script is selected for the O'Reilly book
will receive a free copy of the book and will be acknowledged by name in
the book.
4. A portion of the author royalties from the sale of the book will
benefit the Python Software Foundation.
5. While you own the copyright to your own material, O'Reilly &
Associates, Inc. will obtain the copyright to the compilation, that is,
to the book as a book. O'Reilly has the right to print, publish,
distribute, and sell copies of the book, and works derived from the
book, in printed form and in electronic media, to translate it, and to
license others to do so, for the duration of the copyright in the book,
in all languages, throughout the world.
6. O'Reilly may edit, add to, and delete material from the book in
order to ensure technical and editorial quality control.

Thank you again for taking part in this exciting collaborative Python
project. If you have any concerns about this please contact
(e-mail address removed).

According to #2, they are all available under the Python license, which
can be read about in various places.

- Josiah