    provided by Sang Shin (http://www.javapassion.com) for the Java
    platform? These are really good, I wish there could be something
    similar for C++...
    A. Mahone, Aug 11, 2007

  2. A. Mahone

    ks Guest

    On Aug 10, 7:47 pm, A. Mahone <> wrote:
    > Hi, do you know if there are online free courses in C++, like the ones
    > provided by Sang Shin (http://www.javapassion.com) for the Java
    > platform? These are really good, I wish there could be something
    > similar for C++...

    I've never heard of one. I'm from the old days where I had to teach
    myself. I would suggest reading all the messages from this group.
    ks, Aug 11, 2007

  3. On 2007-08-11 01:47, A. Mahone wrote:
    > Hi, do you know if there are online free courses in C++, like the ones
    > provided by Sang Shin (http://www.javapassion.com) for the Java
    > platform? These are really good, I wish there could be something
    > similar for C++...

    How about a book, search for Bruce Eckel's Thinking in C++.

    --
    Erik Wikström
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Aug 11, 2007
  4. A. Mahone

    Guest

    On Aug 11, 2:37 pm, Erik Wikström <> wrote:
    > On 2007-08-11 01:47, A. Mahone wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, do you know if there are online free courses in C++, like the ones
    > > provided by Sang Shin (http://www.javapassion.com) for the Java
    > > platform? These are really good, I wish there could be something
    > > similar for C++...

    > How about a book, search for Bruce Eckel's Thinking in C++.
    >
    > --
    > Erik Wikström

    hi this is rohit
    , Aug 11, 2007
  5. A. Mahone

    Guest

    On Aug 11, 2:37 pm, Erik Wikström <> wrote:
    > On 2007-08-11 01:47, A. Mahone wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, do you know if there are online free courses in C++, like the ones
    > > provided by Sang Shin (http://www.javapassion.com) for the Java
    > > platform? These are really good, I wish there could be something
    > > similar for C++...

    > How about a book, search for Bruce Eckel's Thinking in C++.
    >
    > --
    > Erik Wikström

    i want to learn c++
    how to start it . suggest me please . i have good command on c.
    but yet could not start c++ . i am embedded systems engineer from
    india pune.
    , Aug 11, 2007
  6. On 2007-08-11 12:47, wrote:
    > On Aug 11, 2:37 pm, Erik Wikström <> wrote:
    >> On 2007-08-11 01:47, A. Mahone wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi, do you know if there are online free courses in C++, like the ones
    >> > provided by Sang Shin (http://www.javapassion.com) for the Java
    >> > platform? These are really good, I wish there could be something
    >> > similar for C++...

    >> How about a book, search for Bruce Eckel's Thinking in C++.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Erik Wikström

    > i want to learn c++
    > how to start it . suggest me please . i have good command on c.
    > but yet could not start c++ . i am embedded systems engineer from
    > india pune.

    I just did, in the post you replied to. Accelerated C++ by Koenig and
    Moe is also often recommended.

    I don't want to be mean, but it might also be worth to improve your
    English since about all information needed as a programmer is available
    in English but little is translated into other languages.

    --
    Erik Wikström
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Aug 11, 2007
  7. A. Mahone

    osmium Guest

    "ks" writes:

    > On Aug 10, 7:47 pm, A. Mahone <> wrote:
    >> Hi, do you know if there are online free courses in C++, like the ones
    >> provided by Sang Shin (http://www.javapassion.com) for the Java
    >> platform? These are really good, I wish there could be something
    >> similar for C++...

    > I've never heard of one. I'm from the old days where I had to teach
    > myself. I would suggest reading all the messages from this group.

    At the moment, I can't think of a worse way to learn C++. The OP would
    spend years wasting his time working though overly pedantic posts,
    tangential posts, allegedly humorous posts, posturing posts and face saving
    posts. And he still wouldn't know C++.

    Any thread with one response out of five that is responsive to the question
    asked is a pretty good hit rate. With no way to separate the good from the
    bad the OP will be in a very bad way indeed.

    My guess is there is no course like the one the OP wants. I suggest he buy
    a copy of _C++ primer Plus_ by Stephen Prata. Get a collection of book
    recommendations and see what the people who reviewed the books on Amazon,
    think about the book you target. You don't want an expert's opinion on
    buying a primer, you want the advise of people in a situation similar to
    your own.
    osmium, Aug 11, 2007
  8. A. Mahone

    red floyd Guest

    Erik Wikström wrote:
    > On 2007-08-11 01:47, A. Mahone wrote:
    >> Hi, do you know if there are online free courses in C++, like the ones
    >> provided by Sang Shin (http://www.javapassion.com) for the Java
    >> platform? These are really good, I wish there could be something
    >> similar for C++...

    > How about a book, search for Bruce Eckel's Thinking in C++.

    Yeah, TICPP is free, but to my mind it's much more C-ish than C++-ish.
    I'd go with Koenig and Moo's "Accelerated C++".
    red floyd, Aug 11, 2007
  9. A. Mahone

    BobR Guest

    red floyd <> wrote in message...
    > Erik Wikström wrote:
    > > How about a book, search for Bruce Eckel's Thinking in C++.
    > >

    > Yeah, TICPP is free,

    Not the hard-copy! (he's trying to *sell* books y'know.).

    > ... but to my mind it's much more C-ish than C++-ish.

    That's not bad, it's good.
    Especially if you came from a non-C language.

    [ in introduction]
    "...... In this way I hope to move you, a little at a time, from
    understanding C to the point where the C++ mindset becomes
    your native tongue."

    .... and: (Vol.1) "Chap. 3: The C in C++".
    I don't see much 'C' in Volume 2.

    > I'd go with Koenig and Moo's "Accelerated C++".

    Is there some rule about not haveing both at the same time? <G>

    Could read 'TiCpp' while waiting for 'K&M' to come in the mail.
    (not everyone can afford 'Barnes & Noble'(sp?) prices.)

    int main(){
    std::cout<<"Hi Red."<<std::endl;
    return 0;
    } //<G>