Online free courses in C++?

A. Mahone

Hi, do you know if there are online free courses in C++, like the ones
provided by Sang Shin (http://www.javapassion.com) for the Java
platform? These are really good, I wish there could be something
similar for C++...

ks

Hi, do you know if there are online free courses in C++, like the ones
provided by Sang Shin (http://www.javapassion.com) for the Java
platform? These are really good, I wish there could be something
similar for C++...

I've never heard of one. I'm from the old days where I had to teach
myself. I would suggest reading all the messages from this group.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

Hi, do you know if there are online free courses in C++, like the ones
provided by Sang Shin (http://www.javapassion.com) for the Java
platform? These are really good, I wish there could be something
similar for C++...

How about a book, search for Bruce Eckel's Thinking in C++.

rohit.malik.miet

How about a book, search for Bruce Eckel's Thinking in C++.

i want to learn c++
how to start it . suggest me please . i have good command on c.
but yet could not start c++ . i am embedded systems engineer from
india pune.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=

i want to learn c++
how to start it . suggest me please . i have good command on c.
but yet could not start c++ . i am embedded systems engineer from
india pune.

I just did, in the post you replied to. Accelerated C++ by Koenig and
Moe is also often recommended.

I don't want to be mean, but it might also be worth to improve your
English since about all information needed as a programmer is available
in English but little is translated into other languages.

osmium

ks said:
I've never heard of one. I'm from the old days where I had to teach
myself. I would suggest reading all the messages from this group.

At the moment, I can't think of a worse way to learn C++. The OP would
spend years wasting his time working though overly pedantic posts,
tangential posts, allegedly humorous posts, posturing posts and face saving
posts. And he still wouldn't know C++.

Any thread with one response out of five that is responsive to the question
asked is a pretty good hit rate. With no way to separate the good from the
bad the OP will be in a very bad way indeed.

My guess is there is no course like the one the OP wants. I suggest he buy
a copy of _C++ primer Plus_ by Stephen Prata. Get a collection of book
recommendations and see what the people who reviewed the books on Amazon,
think about the book you target. You don't want an expert's opinion on
buying a primer, you want the advise of people in a situation similar to
your own.

red floyd

Erik said:
How about a book, search for Bruce Eckel's Thinking in C++.
Yeah, TICPP is free, but to my mind it's much more C-ish than C++-ish.
I'd go with Koenig and Moo's "Accelerated C++".

BobR

red floyd said:
Yeah, TICPP is free,

Not the hard-copy! (he's trying to *sell* books y'know.).
... but to my mind it's much more C-ish than C++-ish.

That's not bad, it's good.
Especially if you came from a non-C language.

[ in introduction]
"...... In this way I hope to move you, a little at a time, from
understanding C to the point where the C++ mindset becomes
your native tongue."

.... and: (Vol.1) "Chap. 3: The C in C++".
I don't see much 'C' in Volume 2.
I'd go with Koenig and Moo's "Accelerated C++".

Is there some rule about not haveing both at the same time? <G>

Could read 'TiCpp' while waiting for 'K&M' to come in the mail.
(not everyone can afford 'Barnes & Noble'(sp?) prices.)

int main(){
std::cout<<"Hi Red."<<std::endl;
return 0;
} //<G>