Online Payment Gateways - Help Reqd

Aaron Whiffin

I'm familiar with a few online payment gateways for a small online shop, but
these do not meet my requirements:

I'm after one that:

* doesn't need a merchant bank account
* doesn't require a large annual or startup cost (% on transactions is
fine) - nothing is best
* doesn't require users to register an account

PayPal - would be perfect if members didn't need to register, but as I'm in
the UK not US they don't support the account_optional flag

Worldpay are good but the first year costs around £400 plus a percentage

I've also tried other companies that I'm familiar with (Secure Hosting,
Secure Trading etc)

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Jeff Thies

I'm familiar with a few online payment gateways for a small online shop,
but
these do not meet my requirements:

I'm after one that:

* doesn't need a merchant bank account
* doesn't require a large annual or startup cost (% on transactions is
fine) - nothing is best
* doesn't require users to register an account

Take a look at linkpoint: <URL: http://linkpoint.com/ >

Not sure of the details, but a small client of mine uses them.

Jeff

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

We used Paysystems.com in the past and I really liked them.

--Tina

Aaron Whiffin

I'm familiar with a few online payment gateways for a small online
shop,
We used Paysystems.com in the past and I really liked them.

--Tina

Thanx for replies

From emails I've determined the following

There are 3 gateways in the UK that do not require a merchant bank account

1. PayPal
2. WorldPay
3. NetBanx

PayPal - your customers need to have an account (in the UK)
WorldPay - setup costs of £160 and £100 pa
NetBanx - £500 setup costs

So there isn;t a solution like I want :eek:(

Cheers folks

Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc.

Aaron Whiffin said:
Thanx for replies

From emails I've determined the following

There are 3 gateways in the UK that do not require a merchant bank account

1. PayPal
2. WorldPay
3. NetBanx

PayPal - your customers need to have an account (in the UK)
WorldPay - setup costs of #160 and #100 pa
NetBanx - #500 setup costs

So there isn;t a solution like I want :eek:(

Does Paysystems.com not work for you?

--Tina