Online Payment Gateways - Help Reqd

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Aaron Whiffin, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. I'm familiar with a few online payment gateways for a small online shop, but
    these do not meet my requirements:

    I'm after one that:

    * doesn't need a merchant bank account
    * doesn't require a large annual or startup cost (% on transactions is
    fine) - nothing is best
    * doesn't require users to register an account

    PayPal - would be perfect if members didn't need to register, but as I'm in
    the UK not US they don't support the account_optional flag

    Worldpay are good but the first year costs around £400 plus a percentage

    I've also tried other companies that I'm familiar with (Secure Hosting,
    Secure Trading etc)

    Any ideas?

    Many thanks

    --
    Aaron Whiffin
    Webbed Feet UK

    Aaron Whiffin, Jun 22, 2004

  2. Aaron Whiffin

    Jeff Thies Guest

    > I'm familiar with a few online payment gateways for a small online shop,
    but
    > these do not meet my requirements:
    >
    > I'm after one that:
    >
    > * doesn't need a merchant bank account
    > * doesn't require a large annual or startup cost (% on transactions is
    > fine) - nothing is best
    > * doesn't require users to register an account

    Take a look at linkpoint: <URL: http://linkpoint.com/ >

    Not sure of the details, but a small client of mine uses them.

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, Jun 23, 2004

  3. "Jeff Thies" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm familiar with a few online payment gateways for a small online shop,

    > but
    > > these do not meet my requirements:
    > >
    > > I'm after one that:
    > >
    > > * doesn't need a merchant bank account
    > > * doesn't require a large annual or startup cost (% on transactions is
    > > fine) - nothing is best
    > > * doesn't require users to register an account

    We used Paysystems.com in the past and I really liked them.

    --Tina

    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com - since 1997
    Managed, Dedicated & Colo Servers

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jun 23, 2004
  4. Re: Online Payment Gateways - Help Reqd - No solution :eek:(

    > > > I'm familiar with a few online payment gateways for a small online
    shop,
    > > but
    > > > these do not meet my requirements:
    > > >
    > > > I'm after one that:
    > > >
    > > > * doesn't need a merchant bank account
    > > > * doesn't require a large annual or startup cost (% on transactions is
    > > > fine) - nothing is best
    > > > * doesn't require users to register an account

    > We used Paysystems.com in the past and I really liked them.
    >
    > --Tina

    Thanx for replies

    From emails I've determined the following

    There are 3 gateways in the UK that do not require a merchant bank account

    1. PayPal
    2. WorldPay
    3. NetBanx

    PayPal - your customers need to have an account (in the UK)
    WorldPay - setup costs of £160 and £100 pa
    NetBanx - £500 setup costs

    So there isn;t a solution like I want :eek:(

    Cheers folks

    Aaron Whiffin, Jun 23, 2004
  5. Re: Online Payment Gateways - Help Reqd - No solution :eek:(

    "Aaron Whiffin" <> wrote in message

    > shop,
    > > > but

    is

    > > We used Paysystems.com in the past and I really liked them.
    > >
    > > --Tina
    > >

    > Thanx for replies
    >
    > From emails I've determined the following
    >
    > There are 3 gateways in the UK that do not require a merchant bank account
    >
    > 1. PayPal
    > 2. WorldPay
    > 3. NetBanx
    >
    > PayPal - your customers need to have an account (in the UK)
    > WorldPay - setup costs of #160 and #100 pa
    > NetBanx - #500 setup costs
    >
    > So there isn;t a solution like I want :eek:(

    Does Paysystems.com not work for you?

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jun 23, 2004