    seems they have stopped it now...

    thanks in advance,
    pravink

    pravink, Jan 28, 2006

  2. pravink

    pepsior Guest

    www.topcoder.com is a very good site in my opinion.Maybe there are something u perfer.
    "pravink" <> wrote in message news:...
    Hi all,
    I am interested in knowing any periodic (montly/weekly) programming
    challeages held on internet...Does anybody know about such sites? Focus
    should be on algorithm development and programming skills.

    For example, I found this (http://www.mactech.com/progchallenge/)...but

    pepsior, Jan 28, 2006

  3. pravink wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > I am interested in knowing any periodic (montly/weekly) programming
    > challeages held on internet...Does anybody know about such sites?
    > Focus should be on algorithm development and programming skills.
    >
    > For example, I found this
    > (http://www.mactech.com/progchallenge/)...but seems they have stopped
    > it now...

    You may find this interesting as well: www.ioccc.org ;-)

    Cheers

    Vladimir

    --
    Do what comes naturally now. Seethe and fume and throw a tantrum.

    Vladimir S. Oka, Jan 28, 2006
  4. Vladimir S. Oka wrote:

    > pravink wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >> I am interested in knowing any periodic (montly/weekly) programming
    >> challeages held on internet...Does anybody know about such sites?
    >> Focus should be on algorithm development and programming skills.
    >>
    >> For example, I found this
    >> (http://www.mactech.com/progchallenge/)...but seems they have stopped
    >> it now...

    More seriously, though, you may try following one of these bounties:

    http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/index....rum&f=10&sid=3927737d0f0c85bb80d8efc19a669eb3

    Cheers

    Vladimir

    --
    You can measure a programmer's perspective by noting his attitude on
    the continuing viability of FORTRAN.

    Vladimir S. Oka, Jan 28, 2006
  5. pravink

    CBFalconer Guest

    pepsior wrote:

    > Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
    > Encoding: quoted-printable

    Do not post html or mime encoding in usenet. They are a security
    risk.

    --
    "The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without
    formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to
    whether Nazi or Communist." -- W. Churchill, Nov 21, 1943

    CBFalconer, Jan 28, 2006
  6. a mixture of math and programming can be found at:

    http://mathschallenge.net/index.php?section=project

    bye!
    Dominik

    Dominik Werder, Jan 28, 2006
  7. pravink

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:59:50 -0500, CBFalconer <>
    wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > pepsior wrote:
    > >
    > > Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
    > > Encoding: quoted-printable

    > Do not post html or mime encoding in usenet. They are a security
    > risk.

    Not to real newsreaders, they're not.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Jan 28, 2006
  8. Robert Gamble, Jan 29, 2006
  9. pravink

    pravink Guest

    pravink, Jan 29, 2006
  10. pravink wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > I am interested in knowing any periodic (montly/weekly) programming
    > challeages held on internet...Does anybody know about such sites? Focus
    > should be on algorithm development and programming skills.

    Al Zimmermann's contests, are good, though in a sense not
    "programming." (You submit optimizations which can, in principle, be
    achieved
    with a ouija board rather than computer!)

    There are about three contests a year. One just finished:
    http://www.recmath.org/contest/index.php
    A new one will be starting in a few weeks.

    James

    James Dow Allen, Jan 29, 2006
  11. pravink

    CBFalconer Guest

    Jack Klein wrote:
    > CBFalconer <> wrote in comp.lang.c:
    >> pepsior wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
    >>> Encoding: quoted-printable

    >> Do not post html or mime encoding in usenet. They are a security
    >> risk.

    > Not to real newsreaders, they're not.

    Once they get to such things as anybodies Outhouse, who has _my_
    address in his book, and install worms that ship gubris from and to
    my faked address, it becomes a concern. Please don't encourage the
    idiots to use html.

    whether Nazi or Communist." -- W. Churchill, Nov 21, 1943

    CBFalconer, Jan 29, 2006
  12. pravink

    Grumble Guest

    CBFalconer wrote:

    > pepsior wrote:
    >
    >> Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
    >> Encoding: quoted-printable

    > Do not post html or mime encoding in usenet. They are a
    > security risk.

    Who is pepsior?

    The message you are replying to is:

    From: "pravink" <>
    Subject: Online programming challeges?
    Date: 28 Jan 2006 04:34:09 -0800

    Grumble, Jan 29, 2006
  13. Grumble said:

    > CBFalconer wrote:
    >
    >> pepsior wrote:
    >>
    >>> Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
    >>> Encoding: quoted-printable

    >> Do not post html or mime encoding in usenet. They are a
    >> security risk.

    > Who is pepsior?

    The person to whom Chuck was replying.

    > The message you are replying to is:
    >
    > From: "pravink" <>

    Wrong. Your newsfeed just hasn't received <drftm1$iei$> yet.
    Because Chuck correctly quoted context, it was possible to deduce this.
    Indeed, that's why it's important to quote context when replying to Usenet
    articles, as we keep on telling people. That you did not in fact deduce
    that you had a message missing from your feed is your problem, not Chuck's.

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, Jan 29, 2006

    http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f...

    > Hi all, thanks for replies.
    >
    > Vladimir, your link does'nt look like abosolute link...couldn't reach
    > there...

    It was most likely cut/wrapped by my/yours news reader. Just go to
    http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/ navigate to Forums and look for `bounty`
    or similar. If you can (seeing you're in India you just may be able to
    get UK magazines) try bying one issue of the magazine, and follow
    instructions given there.

    Cheers

    Vladimir

    Vladimir S. Oka, Jan 29, 2006
  15. On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 16:19:38 -0600, in comp.lang.c , Jack Klein
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:59:50 -0500, CBFalconer <>
    >wrote in comp.lang.c:
    >
    >> pepsior wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
    >> > Encoding: quoted-printable

    >> Do not post html or mime encoding in usenet. They are a security
    >> risk.

    >Not to real newsreaders, they're not.

    unfortunately around 110% of usenet newbies and many old hands still
    use hideously insecure newsreaders which idiotically do render html
    and mime.
    Mark McIntyre
    --Brian Kernighan

    Mark McIntyre, Jan 29, 2006