Online programming challeges?

pravink

Hi all,
I am interested in knowing any periodic (montly/weekly) programming
challeages held on internet...Does anybody know about such sites? Focus
should be on algorithm development and programming skills.

For example, I found this (http://www.mactech.com/progchallenge/)...but
seems they have stopped it now...

thanks in advance,
pravink

pepsior

www.topcoder.com is a very good site in my opinion.Maybe there are something u perfer.
Hi all,
I am interested in knowing any periodic (montly/weekly) programming
challeages held on internet...Does anybody know about such sites? Focus
should be on algorithm development and programming skills.

For example, I found this (http://www.mactech.com/progchallenge/)...but
seems they have stopped it now...

thanks in advance,
pravink

CBFalconer

pepsior said:
Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
Encoding: quoted-printable

Do not post html or mime encoding in usenet. They are a security
risk.

--
"The power of the Executive to cast a man into prison without
formulating any charge known to the law, and particularly to
whether Nazi or Communist." -- W. Churchill, Nov 21, 1943

James Dow Allen

pravink said:
Hi all,
I am interested in knowing any periodic (montly/weekly) programming
challeages held on internet...Does anybody know about such sites? Focus
should be on algorithm development and programming skills.

Al Zimmermann's contests, are good, though in a sense not
"programming." (You submit optimizations which can, in principle, be
achieved
with a ouija board rather than computer!)

There are about three contests a year. One just finished:
http://www.recmath.org/contest/index.php
A new one will be starting in a few weeks.

James

CBFalconer

Jack said:
Not to real newsreaders, they're not.

Once they get to such things as anybodies Outhouse, who has _my_
address in his book, and install worms that ship gubris from and to
my faked address, it becomes a concern. Please don't encourage the
idiots to use html.

whether Nazi or Communist." -- W. Churchill, Nov 21, 1943

Richard Heathfield

Grumble said:
Who is pepsior?

The person to whom Chuck was replying.
The message you are replying to is:

From: "pravink" <[email protected]>

Wrong. Your newsfeed just hasn't received <[email protected]> yet.
Because Chuck correctly quoted context, it was possible to deduce this.
Indeed, that's why it's important to quote context when replying to Usenet
articles, as we keep on telling people. That you did not in fact deduce
that you had a message missing from your feed is your problem, not Chuck's.

Vladimir S. Oka

pravink said:
http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewforum&f...

Hi all, thanks for replies.

Vladimir, your link does'nt look like abosolute link...couldn't reach
there...

It was most likely cut/wrapped by my/yours news reader. Just go to
http://www.linuxformat.co.uk/ navigate to Forums and look for `bounty`
or similar. If you can (seeing you're in India you just may be able to
get UK magazines) try bying one issue of the magazine, and follow
instructions given there.

Cheers

Vladimir

Mark McIntyre

Not to real newsreaders, they're not.

unfortunately around 110% of usenet newbies and many old hands still
use hideously insecure newsreaders which idiotically do render html
and mime.
Mark McIntyre