online registration

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Bill, Jan 29, 2004.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Hi there,

    I am currently looking for software that is suited for online registration.
    By online registration, I mean a process that users will be able to register
    themselves into an organization and pay for the registration fees. This
    software needs to be able to track users that have registered in a database
    that can be accessed via a website. This software needs to be easy to set
    up because many organizations will be using it.

    I have been looking at shopping cart software but am unsure if it will work
    appropritly. I have looked at:
    Interchange Web Site - http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/index and
    Agora Web Site - http://www.agoracart.com/agora/index.html

    Does anyone know if there is open source software, or open source software
    that can be easily motified to suit my needs? If not does anyone know of
    software that can be purchased for online registration?

    Please help.

    Bill, Jan 29, 2004

  2. > I am currently looking for software that is suited for online
    registration.
    > By online registration, I mean a process that users will be able to

    register
    > themselves into an organization and pay for the registration fees. This
    > software needs to be able to track users that have registered in a

    database
    > that can be accessed via a website. This software needs to be easy to

    set
    > up because many organizations will be using it.
    >
    > I have been looking at shopping cart software but am unsure if it will

    work
    > appropritly. I have looked at:
    > Interchange Web Site - http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/index and
    > Agora Web Site - http://www.agoracart.com/agora/index.html
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is open source software, or open source

    software
    > that can be easily motified to suit my needs? If not does anyone know

    of
    > software that can be purchased for online registration?

    Bill,

    While I don't know what your exact requirements are, there may be something
    for you if you search:

    sf.net
    freshmeat.net

    Also, in terms of pre-packaged services, a company like ibill.com may be
    what you are looking for. Agora is a decent store, but I'm not sure it can
    be tweaked to do what you want without lots of work.

    Ethan
    --
    Datarealm Internet Services, Inc.
    Shared Hosting: http://www.serve.com

    Ethan Schlenker, Jan 29, 2004

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Hi Ethan:

    I have tried searching both but have not been able to go through everything
    (there is a lot of projects).
    I'll give you an analogy for what i need.

    A soccer organization wants a way for all of its players to register for the
    organization online. I need ecommerce software that will do this.

    Bill, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Bill

    Hunter Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Ethan:
    >

    > I have tried searching both but have not been able to go through

    everything
    > (there is a lot of projects).
    > I'll give you an analogy for what i need.
    >
    > A soccer organization wants a way for all of its players to register for

    the
    > organization online. I need ecommerce software that will do this.

    You could use oscommerce. oscommerce.com
    It's a shopping cart program but you could manipulate the php to suit your
    needs. If you want to do online credit card processing then you'll still
    need a merchant account to process the transactions. I use verisign but you
    could use cheaper products from paysystems.com, or even paypal.com

    david

    Hunter, Jan 30, 2004