    and validating it against some sample text.

    http://www.mantisrage.com/

    , Apr 19, 2006

  2. <> wrote:

    > I put together a quick, free tool for building PERL regular expressions

    It says that is for building PHP regular expressions.

    Which is it?

    perldoc -q "perl.*Perl"

    What's the difference between "perl" and "Perl"?

    One bit. Oh, you weren't talking ASCII? :) Larry now uses "Perl" to
    signify the language proper and "perl" the implementation of it, i.e.
    the current interpreter. Hence Tom's quip that "Nothing but perl can
    parse Perl." You may or may not choose to follow this usage. For
    example, parallelism means "awk and perl" and "Python and Perl" look
    OK, while "awk and Perl" and "Python and perl" do not. But never write
    "PERL", because perl is not an acronym, apocryphal folklore and post-
    facto expansions notwithstanding.

    --
    Tad McClellan SGML consulting
    Perl programming