online survey stuck in my IDE

jim corey

I am currently working in VS. For some reason what appears to be the
msdn
home page is displayed one of the code pages. It shows on two tabs.
I keep clicking the X box to try to get rid of it but it doesn't go
away.

At one point a message box popped up saying that MS was conducting an
online survey and would I like to participate. I clicked cancel, but
the msdn page remained.

Now I think VS is freezing on me.

Ah well.

JC

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

i think this nasty bug is fixed in 1.1. at least i haven't seen it happen in
1.1. Try to set the default/home page to the project page.

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

msg continues...

and then close and restart visual studio. That used to work for 1.0. See if
it helps.

Jim Corey

I'm in VS 2003.
Anyway, I re-booted.