onload=close() with Firebird

Pat Dandenault

How do I close a Mozilla Firebird browser using HTML?
This won't do it..

Thanks,
Pat
(e-mail address removed)

ps. works just fine with IE. grrrr.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Pat Dandenault:
How do I close a Mozilla Firebird browser using HTML?
This won't do it..

Why would you want to close my browser when I have four or five other
sites open in other Tabs? Maybe even a banking form I was working on
and paused for some other surfing?
ps. works just fine with IE. grrrr.

That doesn't surprise me... :-(

Pat Dandenault

Quoth the raven named Pat Dandenault:

Why would you want to close my browser when I have four or five other
sites open in other Tabs? Maybe even a banking form I was working on
and paused for some other surfing?

That doesn't surprise me... :-(
----------------------------------

I promise not to close *your* browser. :]

I have to code to both IE and Mozilla.
The users won't be using multiple tabs.

This snippet won't even ask me if I want to close the browser in Firebird.

Hmmm.
Pat

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Pat Dandenault:

I am grateful!
I have to code to both IE and Mozilla.
The users won't be using multiple tabs.

But how will you know your visitors are not using multiple tabs? May
we infer from this statement this is not a question relating to the
WWW, but rather an intranet?

And, even if, how would you be able to detect there were not multiple
tabs open? I'm curious, and also curious as to the need to close the
browser. :)
This snippet won't even ask me if I want to close the browser in Firebird.

No, neither of your tricks work in Firebird. Ha!
Hmmm.
Pat

Hmmm, indeed.

Pat Dandenault

But how will you know your visitors are not using multiple tabs? May
we infer from this statement this is not a question relating to the
WWW, but rather an intranet?

And, even if, how would you be able to detect there were not multiple
tabs open? I'm curious, and also curious as to the need to close the
browser. :)

It'll be in a DOD installation..probly not on the internet.
And we don't care if they use multiple tabs. How's that for rude!

I'll look a bit more but my Googles all say the same as you.
Thanks for the advice,
Pat

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Pat Dandenault:
It'll be in a DOD installation..probly not on the internet.

Ah. A DOD. The DOD is using Firebird? How nice!
And we don't care if they use multiple tabs. How's that for rude!

Heh, it's ok to be rude to govmint folks. <lol>

Louis Somers

Quoth the raven named Pat Dandenault:

Ah. A DOD. The DOD is using Firebird? How nice!

Heh, it's ok to be rude to govmint folks. <lol>

Something like this?:

close.htm: <body onload="close();">

rf

Pat Dandenault said:
This snippet won't even ask me if I want to close the browser in Firebird.

Apart from the fact that it is invalid (firebird probably doesn't understand
a javascript: protcol) Why would you want to re-invent technology that has
been there since windows was invented, namely the X at the top right of the
screen?

Cheers
Richard.

Marc Nadeau

rf a écrit:
Apart from the fact that it is invalid (firebird probably doesn't
understand a javascript: protcol) Why would you want to re-invent
technology that has been there since windows was invented, namely the X at
the top right of the screen?

Cheers
Richard.

I personnally prefer the closing X at the top left. Just a matter of taste,
like single clicking instead of double.

Windows is just one of the many graphical interfaces on the market.

And i would never use a browser that lets somebody else than me close it.

IE really does that and people use it ?

Incredible !!

Hywel Jenkins

Pat Dandenault said:
How do I close a Mozilla Firebird browser using HTML?
This won't do it..

ps. works just fine with IE. grrrr.

Check the JavaScript settings in Options - there is any option to
prevent JavaScript from changing window size and so on.

Pat Dandenault

(e-mail address removed) (Hywel Jenkins) wrote in
Check the JavaScript settings in Options - there is any option to
prevent JavaScript from changing window size and so on.

Thanks.
-Pat