    Thanks,
    Pat

    ps. works just fine with IE. grrrr.
    Pat Dandenault, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Quoth the raven named Pat Dandenault:

    > How do I close a Mozilla Firebird browser using HTML?
    > This won't do it..

    Why would you want to close my browser when I have four or five other
    sites open in other Tabs? Maybe even a banking form I was working on
    and paused for some other surfing?

    > ps. works just fine with IE. grrrr.

    That doesn't surprise me... :-(

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 8, 2004

  3. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in

    > Quoth the raven named Pat Dandenault:
    >
    >> How do I close a Mozilla Firebird browser using HTML?
    >> This won't do it..

    > Why would you want to close my browser when I have four or five other
    > sites open in other Tabs? Maybe even a banking form I was working on
    > and paused for some other surfing?
    >
    >> ps. works just fine with IE. grrrr.

    > That doesn't surprise me... :-(

    ----------------------------------

    I promise not to close *your* browser. :]

    I have to code to both IE and Mozilla.
    The users won't be using multiple tabs.

    This snippet won't even ask me if I want to close the browser in Firebird.

    Hmmm.
    Pat
    Pat Dandenault, Jan 8, 2004
  4. Quoth the raven named Pat Dandenault:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    >
    >>Quoth the raven named Pat Dandenault:
    >>
    >>>How do I close a Mozilla Firebird browser using HTML?
    >>>This won't do it..

    >>Why would you want to close my browser when I have four or five other
    >>sites open in other Tabs? Maybe even a banking form I was working on
    >>and paused for some other surfing?
    >>
    >>>ps. works just fine with IE. grrrr.

    >>That doesn't surprise me... :-(

    > ----------------------------------
    >
    > I promise not to close *your* browser. :]

    I am grateful!

    > I have to code to both IE and Mozilla.
    > The users won't be using multiple tabs.

    But how will you know your visitors are not using multiple tabs? May
    we infer from this statement this is not a question relating to the
    WWW, but rather an intranet?

    And, even if, how would you be able to detect there were not multiple
    tabs open? I'm curious, and also curious as to the need to close the
    browser. :)

    > This snippet won't even ask me if I want to close the browser in Firebird.

    No, neither of your tricks work in Firebird. Ha!

    > Hmmm.
    > Pat

    Hmmm, indeed.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 8, 2004
  5. "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in

    >> I have to code to both IE and Mozilla.
    >> The users won't be using multiple tabs.

    > But how will you know your visitors are not using multiple tabs? May
    > we infer from this statement this is not a question relating to the
    > WWW, but rather an intranet?
    >
    > And, even if, how would you be able to detect there were not multiple
    > tabs open? I'm curious, and also curious as to the need to close the
    > browser. :)

    It'll be in a DOD installation..probly not on the internet.
    And we don't care if they use multiple tabs. How's that for rude!

    I'll look a bit more but my Googles all say the same as you.
    Thanks for the advice,
    Pat
    Pat Dandenault, Jan 8, 2004
  6. Quoth the raven named Pat Dandenault:

    > It'll be in a DOD installation..probly not on the internet.

    Ah. A DOD. The DOD is using Firebird? How nice!

    > And we don't care if they use multiple tabs. How's that for rude!

    Heh, it's ok to be rude to govmint folks. <lol>

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 8, 2004
  7. Pat Dandenault

    Louis Somers Guest

    > Quoth the raven named Pat Dandenault:
    >
    >> It'll be in a DOD installation..probly not on the internet.

    > Ah. A DOD. The DOD is using Firebird? How nice!
    >
    >> And we don't care if they use multiple tabs. How's that for rude!

    > Heh, it's ok to be rude to govmint folks. <lol>

    Something like this?:

    close.htm: <body onload="close();">

    --
    Add articles with optional images to news/events pages via FTP
    News Updater: http://www.xmlssoftware.com/NUpdater
    Louis Somers, Jan 8, 2004
  8. Pat Dandenault

    rf Guest

    "Pat Dandenault" <> wrote in message
    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    >
    > This snippet won't even ask me if I want to close the browser in Firebird.

    Apart from the fact that it is invalid (firebird probably doesn't understand
    a javascript: protcol) Why would you want to re-invent technology that has
    been there since windows was invented, namely the X at the top right of the
    screen?

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jan 9, 2004
  9. Pat Dandenault

    Marc Nadeau Guest

    rf a écrit:

    > "Pat Dandenault" <> wrote in message
    >> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> This snippet won't even ask me if I want to close the browser in
    >> Firebird. <a href="javascript:void(window.close())">

    > Apart from the fact that it is invalid (firebird probably doesn't
    > understand a javascript: protcol) Why would you want to re-invent
    > technology that has been there since windows was invented, namely the X at
    > the top right of the screen?
    >
    > Cheers
    > Richard.

    I personnally prefer the closing X at the top left. Just a matter of taste,
    like single clicking instead of double.

    Windows is just one of the many graphical interfaces on the market.

    And i would never use a browser that lets somebody else than me close it.

    IE really does that and people use it ?

    Incredible !!

    --
    Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît pas.
    Blaise Pascal.
    Marc Nadeau, Jan 9, 2004
  10. Pat Dandenault <> wrote in message news:<Xns946A8F9F6B494pdandenaultssd5nrlna@132.250.1.121>...
    > How do I close a Mozilla Firebird browser using HTML?
    > This won't do it..

    > ps. works just fine with IE. grrrr.

    Check the JavaScript settings in Options - there is any option to
    prevent JavaScript from changing window size and so on.

    --
    Hywel
    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 9, 2004
  11. (Hywel Jenkins) wrote in

    > Pat Dandenault <> wrote in message
    >> How do I close a Mozilla Firebird browser using HTML?
    >> This won't do it..

    >> ps. works just fine with IE. grrrr.

    > Check the JavaScript settings in Options - there is any option to
    > prevent JavaScript from changing window size and so on.

    Thanks.
    -Pat
    Pat Dandenault, Jan 14, 2004