onLoad in XSL

Discussion in 'XML' started by Damjan, Sep 18, 2003.

  1. Damjan

    Damjan Guest

    Hi All,

    I have a simple problem.

    I have XSL page that translates XML into HTML. It has a form on it.
    I want it to be loaded, focused on an intput text field and
    then when user presses enter to submit the form. This is possible and
    achiavable when using HTML. You put the
    onload="document.form.field.focus();" into <body> tag.

    The desired field is focused, and upon hiting enter form is submited.
    Now, I can still put the onLoad into body, and it works but I have two
    problems:
    1. When enter is hit form is not submited, instead it seems that the
    page is re-called.
    2. depending on the resulting XML I might or might not need the form.
    if error occured, there is no form just an error message, so the
    onLoad raises the error. I've tried to use <xsl:if and when but it did
    not work.

    Any Help would really help!

    Thanks a lot,
    Damjan