onload redirect not working on Windows Server 2003

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by robertst, Jun 23, 2005.

  1. robertst

    robertst Guest

    I have an asp page that looks like the following (simplified):

    <HTML>
    <HEAD></HEAD>
    <BODY onLoad="javascript:document.frmSub.submit();">
    <FORM NAME="frmSub" action="http://www.microsoft.com" METHOD="post">
    <INPUT TYPE="Hidden" NAME="OrderNumber" VALUE="0">
    </FORM>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

    I am just trying to automatically redirect to another page and post some
    form data. This worked fine on a Windows 2000 server. We recently upgraded
    to Windows Server 2003. The page works fine when it is accessed via
    "http://" but not via "https://". The browser just shows a blank page and
    hangs. If I do a "View Source", the code above shows up, but it just doesn't
    redirect like it's supposed to.
    Is there some security issue on Windows Server 2003 that is causing this to
    fail? Is there some setting I can change to fix it?

    Thanks!!

    robertst, Jun 23, 2005

  2. http://www.aspfaq.com/etiquette.asp?id=5003

    robertst wrote:
    > I have an asp page that looks like the following (simplified):
    >
    > <HTML>
    > <HEAD></HEAD>
    > <BODY onLoad="javascript:document.frmSub.submit();">
    > <FORM NAME="frmSub" action="http://www.microsoft.com" METHOD="post">
    > <INPUT TYPE="Hidden" NAME="OrderNumber" VALUE="0">
    > </FORM>
    > </BODY>
    > </HTML>

    [snip]