    then English??

    Thanx lotz..

    RegarDx..

    siLver, Jun 9, 2006

  2. siLver

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?c2lMdmVy?= wrote on 09 jun 2006 in

    > I need to create a asp page with fields like FirstName, LastName etc.
    > But this 2 fields only allow the user to enter english characters, no
    > chinese, no jap.. nothing else..
    >
    > What is there that i must do to disable users from entering character
    > other then English??

    There are no "English characters",
    unless you are one,
    dear =?Utf-8?B?c2lMdmVy?=.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jun 9, 2006

  3. siLver

    siLver Guest

    Hmm.. what i mean is to restrict users from entering chinese characrter etc.
    So I only allow the user to enter English characters.

    Is there any ways to 'disabled' the UTF8 etc. entry?

    Thanx

    RegarDx..

    siLver, Jun 12, 2006
  4. siLver

    Steven Burn Guest

    You could use client-side JS and have it query an array on each key press,
    but that seems a tad over-kill and unreliable

    Alternatively, RegEx is capable of this, and example code is all over the
    place if you're not already familiar with it. Would need to be done after
    the forms submission though ....

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Steven Burn, Jun 12, 2006
  5. siLver

    siLver Guest

    Thanx for reply.. but i reali had no idea what's RegEx thot there is alot of
    examples but it will be had for me to keep track or modify my site in future.
    As i reali had no single idea how RegEx works.. N i don't have time to go
    pick-up RegEx now..

    Any idea how the JS should look like.. if i could used a JS to get the
    result i need..

    Thanx lotz..

    siLver, Jun 12, 2006
  6. siLver

    Mike Brind Guest

    If you want help with javascript, try one of the javascript groups.
    comp.language.javascript
    microsoft.public.scripting.jscript
    although they are likely to recommend clientside regular expressions.

    I suggest that you look at RegExp. It's included in VBScript
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnclinic/html/scripting051099.asp
    and is easier to pick up than using ADO, IMHO. Your original post was
    made days ago. You could have been an expert in it by now :)

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, Jun 12, 2006