Only One Tkinter Entry can receive key event event in Linux RH8.0

Discussion in 'Python' started by wang xiaoyu, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. wang xiaoyu

    wang xiaoyu Guest

    Hello,everyone.
    my program runs well in windows,i use tkSimpleDialog to receive some
    input,but when i copy my program into Linux RH8.0,entrys in my
    tkSimpleDialog derived Dialog have a vital problem:eek:nly one entry can
    receive key event,'tab' key to navigate between entrys is not valid
    too,when i use mouse to focus a entry(which can not navigate through
    'tag' key),no matter what key i pressed the entry receive no reply.But
    in window they are all works well.
    even the simplest python program like follow have the seem manner.
    from Tkinter import *
    r=Tk()
    Entry().pack()
    Entry().pack()
    r.mainloop()
    in above program only the second entry can receive key event.(but
    when i type program in Python environment it works well)
    I must say there is no fault the first time i run above program
    after i install ActivePython2.2 in my Linux.Both entry can receive key
    event.but after i do the following operations the problem occur.
    1.install Pmw,i copy Pmw source code from windows
    python/lib/site-pages/Pmw directory
    2.install Pil,copy windows source too
    3.change site.py's encoding to 'u8' in order to support chinese
    text.
    4.run my program and the problem occur
    5.change site.py's encoding back to 'ascii' the problem remain
    6.rpm -e ActivePython then delete All Pmw and Pil source code
    ,reinstall ActivePython ,nothing changed
    i must say i am a newhand in both python and linux,mybe there is
    fault in my operations.Maybe i install some packages in a wrong way.
    I think in linux,many people use ActivePython,Pmw,Pil and Tkinter,so
    i hope someone may have faced the same problem and can give me some
    suggestion.

    Best Regard
    wangxiaoyu

    wang xiaoyu, Jun 25, 2003