onmouseover + :hover flicker & request for testing

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Ciuin, Feb 5, 2007.

  1. Ciuin

    Ciuin Guest

    Again I need your help.

    This is the test page I am working on:
    http://www.manfredkooistra.de/zeugs/test/test.php

    It shows a large image with a navigation menue position:fixed over it
    (position:absolute in IE 5 & 6).

    You can mouseover the small image to display a navigation or mouseout
    to hide it again. From this navigation (when displayed) you can hide
    the whole menue including the small image or grab and drag it across
    the screen.

    Don't click any of the links, they lead nowhere.
    You need to have JavaScript turned on (and styling, of course).

    Two questions:

    (1) I have tested this in different browsers, and so far it all seems
    to work fine (except see 2 below). But if you have IE 5, 6 or 7 or
    Firefox/PC, please look at the page, try everything, and let me know
    if indeed it does work for you. I'm especially interested in:

    - Do the links change color on hover?
    - Is there a flicker of the lower navigation div when you hover over
    the links inside it (it shouldn't flicker)?
    - If you drag the menue and then hide it, does the "show again" button
    appear at the new location, as it should, or at the original (36px top
    and left) or anywhere else?

    (2) In Netscape 7, when you hover in and out of the links in the lower
    navigation div, the white background of this div flickers for a split
    second, so the large image shows through.

    - What causes this?
    - Is there an error in my code?
    - Or is that a Netscape bug, and is there a workaround?

    I would be very grateful for any help with these issues.

    ---

    Note: Links in the lower div don't change color on hover in Safari.
    That is a documented Safari bug.
    Ciuin, Feb 5, 2007

  2. Ciuin

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Ciuin wrote:

    > (1) I have tested this in different browsers, and so far it all seems
    > to work fine (except see 2 below). But if you have IE 5, 6 or 7 or
    > Firefox/PC, please look at the page, try everything, and let me know
    > if indeed it does work for you. I'm especially interested in:

    Nope, but SeaMonkey compiled for use gtk toolbox.

    > - Do the links change color on hover?

    Yes, they do.

    > - Is there a flicker of the lower navigation div when you hover over
    > the links inside it (it shouldn't flicker)?

    Nope

    > - If you drag the menue and then hide it, does the "show again" button
    > appear at the new location, as it should, or at the original (36px top
    > and left) or anywhere else?

    Hide/show buttons appears at the new location.
    But after moved the div, and mouse moves over the map, a new page is open with
    the url http://www.somephotographer.com/ (not clicking on the map).

    --

    //Aho
    J.O. Aho, Feb 5, 2007

  3. Ciuin

    Ciuin Guest

    On 5 Feb., 11:53, "J.O. Aho" <> wrote:
    > Ciuin wrote:
    > > (1) I have tested this in different browsers, and so far it all seems
    > > to work fine (except see 2 below). But if you have IE 5, 6 or 7 or
    > > Firefox/PC, please look at the page, try everything, and let me know
    > > if indeed it does work for you. I'm especially interested in:

    > Nope, but SeaMonkey compiled for use gtk toolbox.
    >
    > > - Do the links change color on hover?

    > Yes, they do.
    >
    > > - Is there a flicker of the lower navigation div when you hover over
    > > the links inside it (it shouldn't flicker)?

    > Nope
    >
    > > - If you drag the menue and then hide it, does the "show again" button
    > > appear at the new location, as it should, or at the original (36px top
    > > and left) or anywhere else?

    > Hide/show buttons appears at the new location.
    > But after moved the div, and mouse moves over the map, a new page is open with
    > the urlhttp://www.somephotographer.com/(not clicking on the map).
    >
    > --
    >
    > //Aho

    Aha, okay, strange. Have to take care of that page opening without
    clicking.

    Thank you!
    Ciuin, Feb 5, 2007
  4. On 2007-02-05, Ciuin wrote:
    > Again I need your help.
    >
    > This is the test page I am working on:
    > http://www.manfredkooistra.de/zeugs/test/test.php
    >
    > It shows a large image with a navigation menue position:fixed over it
    > (position:absolute in IE 5 & 6).
    >
    > You can mouseover the small image to display a navigation or mouseout
    > to hide it again. From this navigation (when displayed) you can hide
    > the whole menue including the small image or grab and drag it across
    > the screen.
    >
    > Don't click any of the links, they lead nowhere.
    > You need to have JavaScript turned on (and styling, of course).
    >
    > Two questions:

    [Using Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Linux]

    > (1) I have tested this in different browsers, and so far it all seems
    > to work fine (except see 2 below). But if you have IE 5, 6 or 7 or
    > Firefox/PC, please look at the page, try everything, and let me know
    > if indeed it does work for you. I'm especially interested in:
    >
    > - Do the links change color on hover?

    Yes; they become legible. The original grey is too light to read
    clearly.

    The links extend outside the box, and overwrite the map.

    > - Is there a flicker of the lower navigation div when you hover over
    > the links inside it (it shouldn't flicker)?

    No.

    > - If you drag the menue and then hide it,

    s/menue/menu/g

    > does the "show again" button appear at the new location, as it
    > should, or at the original (36px top and left) or anywhere else?

    If "click to open navigation" is the same as "show again", then
    yes, it does.

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Feb 5, 2007