    to make the onmouseover event happen no matter what the element's
    z-index is?

    , Jun 8, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > I'm trying to drag one layer over an image on the layer below it - that
    > part works fine - and have the image fire its onmouseover event (e.g.,
    > an alert) when I drag the top layer over it. It appears that events
    > only fire for the top layer, so I never get that alert. Is there a way
    > to make the onmouseover event happen no matter what the element's
    > z-index is?

    I don't believe this is possible. But you could create a transparent
    GIF with the highest z-index above your current top layer, and then add
    the event to that image. Alternatively, you could set an identical
    onmouseover-event for both images (that is, if the one fully overlaps
    the second).

    Hope this helps,

    --
    Bart