OnSelectedIndexChanged event does not fire with custom inherited class

Stuart Allen

I have a custom class that inherits System.Web.UI.Page for use with all my
pages.

On a page I'm trying to use a DropDownList. I have autopostback=true and
have a method defined for the OnSelectedIndexChanged event, but this event
never fires when using my custom class. The dropdownlist is populated from a
DB using a BindData function that I call in Page_Load where I check for
IsPostBack, so thats not the issue.

In my class I have ovveridden a couple of methods (OnInit, OnPreRender,
OnUnload), but I made sure to call the base versions in all of them.

Any ideas why the SelectedIndexChanged event does not fire when using a
custom inherited class? I'm doing something to mess up the event from
firing, any ideas where to look???

Thanks in advance.. Stu