OnSelectedIndexChanged event does not fire with custom inherited class

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Stuart Allen, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. Stuart Allen

    Stuart Allen Guest

    I have a custom class that inherits System.Web.UI.Page for use with all my
    pages.

    On a page I'm trying to use a DropDownList. I have autopostback=true and
    have a method defined for the OnSelectedIndexChanged event, but this event
    never fires when using my custom class. The dropdownlist is populated from a
    DB using a BindData function that I call in Page_Load where I check for
    IsPostBack, so thats not the issue.

    In my class I have ovveridden a couple of methods (OnInit, OnPreRender,
    OnUnload), but I made sure to call the base versions in all of them.

    Any ideas why the SelectedIndexChanged event does not fire when using a
    custom inherited class? I'm doing something to mess up the event from
    firing, any ideas where to look???

    Thanks in advance.. Stu

    Stuart Allen, Jan 18, 2005