OnSelectedIndexChanged not firing

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Julie Barnet, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Julie Barnet

    Julie Barnet Guest

    I have a dropdownlist. It does not fire the selected index changed
    event when it should. I also have a submit button on my page, and
    when it is clicked, it does fire the selectedindexchanged event of the
    dropdownlist. What am I doing wrong?
    mbcbb:combobox is a user control combining the funcitonality of a
    dropdownlist and a textbox.

    aspx
    <mbcbb:combobox
    Runat="Server"
    id="cmbmyCombo"
    DataTextField="myValue"
    DataValueField="myValue"
    DataSource='<%# GetDropDownSource("sel_LookupMyValue", "**", "") %>'
    OnSelectedIndexChanged="mySelIndexChanged"
    AutoPostBack="True" >

    aspx.vb
    Protected Sub mySelIndexChanged(sender as object, e as
    System.EventArgs)
    response.write("Text")
    End Sub

    Thanks in advance
    Julie Barnet

    Julie Barnet, Aug 20, 2003

  2. missing handles?

    Private Sub DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As

    MS News \(MS ILM\), Aug 20, 2003

  3. Julie Barnet

    Yusuf D M Guest

    Hi,

    Make sure AutoEventWireup attribute of your Contol directive is set to
    true. Hope it will work.
    --
    Regards,

    Yusuf D M