OnSessionStart or IsNewSession

Mirek Endys

I miss the information about using an event like OnSessionStart in ASP.NET
2.0.

and another problem, the property IsNewSession is still true and it seems
like the session is new with each client request.
The session ID is changing too.

Any idea how to use this correctly (session will be IsNewSession=true only
with first request and the session will keep this for 20 minutes)

Thanks

Mirek Endys

I put the Global.asax into my application and the IsNewSession is working
well.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Mirek,

Thanks for posting.

As for the ASP.NET sessionstate, when the user hasn't stored any data in
the session, on each request, the runtime could assigned a random sessionid
to it (since no data store associated with it). And this is determined by
the internal implementation, at least for 1.1 , it follows such rule. And
here is a good FAQ article discusing on ASP.NET SessionState:

#ASP.NET Session State FAQ

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support