Onsubmit event only works in its own frame?

Simon

I will keep it as simple as possible..

I have a top frame (HFRAME) and a middleframe.
When a formsubmit is in process, a text (please wait) is being displayed in
the topframe.
After the form is submitted the text should be displayed no longer.

It works perfectly well if I show the waitingtekst within the same
middleframe, but when i try to divide it into frames, it doesnt work
anymore.

On default, nothing is been displayed in the top frame, then the submit
takes place and the "waitingtext" is being diplayed. But after the submit
the text won't disappeare..
Any ideas?
This is the script:

<script language="javascript">
parent.HFRAME.document.getElementById("loading").style.display='none';

function formProgressBar(form){
parent.HFRAME.document.getElementById("loading").style.display='';
return true;
}

</script>
<form method=post name=selectForm
onSubmit="setInterval('formProgressBar(this)', 1000);" >