onTextChanged event not firing with ENTER key

mdipiet

I've got a form that is supposed to validate data entry from a bar code
scanner. The scanner is set up to add a carriage return at the end of
the data in the barcode, which should fire the onTextChanged event to
validate the information recieved; however, the Enter key does not fire
this event as it should. Can anyone give me some help as to why the
Enter key won't fire the onTextChanged event?

Matt

Brad

Is the textbox the only input on the page? If so, I beleive there is a
known issue with the OnTextChanged not firing in this situation To work
around this place another control on the page, i.e. a button or another
textbox. If you want you can set Visible=False on this second input and it
should still work.
If using code behind also make sure your textchanged event is associated
with the textbox
i.e. in vb.net a "Handles" directive Private Sub
TextBox1_TextChanged() Handles.TextBox1.TextChanged
or
somewhere in the page init AddHandler TextBox1, AddressOf
TextBox1_TextChanged
If using in page code, there's something similar to the code behind but I
don't know what that is off hand.