Ooo 3.0 Python user macros

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Has anyone been able to run user-defined Python macros in OpenOffice.org
3.0? I had one in ~/.ooo-2.0/user/Scripts/python/try.py which did work
under Ooo2.x. So I put the same thing in ~/.ooo3/user/Scripts/python/, but
it will not show up in any macro dialog in Ooo 3.0.

The provided example macros seem to work: under the "Tools -> Macros ->
Organize Macros -> Python..." menu, there is an entry named "OpenOffice.org
Macros", and I can run the macros that are listed in there. So that
suggests the basic Ooo 3.0 Python macro system is functional.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

The provided example macros seem to work: under the "Tools -> Macros ->
Organize Macros -> Python..." menu, there is an entry named
"OpenOffice.org Macros", and I can run the macros that are listed in
there. So that suggests the basic Ooo 3.0 Python macro system is
functional.

I copied my test script
to /usr/lib/openoffice/basis3.0/share/Scripts/python/ and it appeared in
the "OpenOffice.org Macros" section, and I could select it and it ran just
fine.

So the problem is quite clearly that it's not looking in the
~/.ooo3/user/Scripts/python/ directory for scripts to run.