    resx file, or get it back!? (didnt go into the bin!).

    Ta

    Dan
    =?Utf-8?B?ZGhucml2ZXJzaWRl?=, Feb 2, 2005

  2. If you use sytem for version control like SourceSafe, you can restore it from
    there. Otherwise I don't know what you can do about it.

    =?Utf-8?B?S29zdGFkaW4gS29zdG92?=, Feb 2, 2005

  3. dhnriverside wrote:
    > Yup - I'm having one of those days! I've just deleted the wrong RESX file (ie
    > one that was in use!) and now my project wont compile. How can I rebuild the
    > resx file, or get it back!? (didnt go into the bin!).

    Have you still got a .resources file? If so you can use the resgen.exe
    tool to generate the .resx from the .resource file. If not you'll have
    to use a tool, such as Reflector, to decompile the assembly to get hold
    of the resources.

    Anders Norås
    http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/anoras/
    =?UTF-8?B?QW5kZXJzIE5vcsOlcw==?=, Feb 2, 2005
  4. Anders,

    I've just downloaded Reflector and loaded my project's dll file from the bin
    dir, and there is no resources for the lost RESX at all! I have the class
    name, members etc in the namespace, but nothing under Resources.

    I'm guessing that means there's no way to rebuild it?

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGhucml2ZXJzaWRl?=, Feb 2, 2005
  5. Is it viable in your situation to create a new ASP page, copy-paste relevant
    pieces of HTML and code behind, delete the old file, rename the new one and
    rebuild the application?

    Hrvoje

    Hrvoje Vrbanc, Feb 2, 2005
  6. Just to let you know I've fixed it. Looking at the other RESX files in VS, I
    noticed there's not a lot in them, then I noticed I could create them through
    Add New Item, so I created a new resx file and just named it xxx.aspx.resx -
    and it now compiles again!

    Yay! Thanks for all suggestions - Reflector/Resourcer look very handy!

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGhucml2ZXJzaWRl?=, Feb 2, 2005
  7. Yeh, could have done that as a last resort, but luckily I didn't need to! :eek:)

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGhucml2ZXJzaWRl?=, Feb 2, 2005