OOPS in .NET

Anandraj

Hello all,
Can any one tell me what are the OOPS Concepts not implemented in .NET
Thanks
Anandraj.A.

Alan Pretre

Anandraj said:
Can any one tell me what are the OOPS Concepts not implemented in .NET
Thanks

Multiple inheritence, for one. Though some language implementors (eg
Eiffel) have figured out ways around that. By .NET I assume you mean the
CLR.

-- Alan

Manish Parikh

The ones that i know are

1. Multiple inheritance
2. Inline Funtions

Surely others can contribut more

Cheers........

Manish

Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]

Manish,
2. Inline Funtions
Do you mean anonymous methods, which C# will get in "Whidbey" (VS.NET 2004).
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/roadmap.aspx

Or do you mean inlining of functions which we had from early betas
automatically via the JIT compiler?

Granted we do not have an 'inline' keyword, a hint on a function that we
want it inlined, the JIT compiler decides for us based on size of the method
and some other criteria. My understanding is that C++ largely ignored the
inline keyword anyway, just like it ignores the register keyword.

Just a thought
Jay

Terry

Jay said:
Manish,

Do you mean anonymous methods, which C# will get in "Whidbey" (VS.NET 2004).
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/roadmap.aspx

Or do you mean inlining of functions which we had from early betas
automatically via the JIT compiler?

Granted we do not have an 'inline' keyword, a hint on a function that we
want it inlined, the JIT compiler decides for us based on size of the method

Even so, the 'inline' keyword did not ensure that the function would be
inlined by the compiler.. the only thing it ensured was that a request
for inlining that method would be made to the compiler and nothing more.
The compiler might choose to inline it or might not.

Terry