Opacity and Bold Problem in Firefox

Eric.M.Martinez

Hi,
I'm going crazy with this problem. I am using javascript to
dynamically fade divs in and out of visibility via the opacity style.
The problem is as soon as the script starts, all the bold text on the
screen (not necessarily within the fading div) loses its bold
property. I've searched around and found several suggestions (for
other browsers with similar problems) like setting background color,
or using 0.01 and 0.99 for the min/max opacity levels rather than 0.00
and 1.00. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed (e-mail address removed) writing in
Hi,
I'm going crazy with this problem. I am using javascript to
dynamically fade divs in and out of visibility via the opacity style.
The problem is as soon as the script starts, all the bold text on the
screen (not necessarily within the fading div) loses its bold
property. I've searched around and found several suggestions (for
other browsers with similar problems) like setting background color,
or using 0.01 and 0.99 for the min/max opacity levels rather than 0.00
and 1.00. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

A URL would be helpful.