OPB write actions

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Frank, Oct 22, 2003.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Hi,

    I've succesfully build a microblaze system with external interrupt and my
    own IP core. The interrupt is connected to a dip-switch. In the ISR I'm
    writing some data to my own IP core (which is an OPB slave). My OPB slave is
    reading some other dip-switches and put the result to some LEDs (yes I'm
    using an evaluation board ;). So far everything is ok. Now comes the
    problem: the expected behaviour is dependent of the code in the ISR. If I've
    the following ISR:

    void dip_isr(void)
    {
    *(opb_mycore_base) = 0x12345678;

    // Write the value of j to the LED
    // XGpio_DiscreteWrite(&gp_out, 0);

    #ifdef USE_INTC
    XIntc_mAckIntr(XPAR_MY_INTC_BASEADDR, XPAR_SYSTEM_MY_INT_MASK);
    #endif
    }

    it's not working. But if I enable the XGpio write, it is working. And at
    last, if I do the XGpio write first and than the write to the OPB slave
    (opb_mycore) it's again not working anymore. In all three situations, the
    code is coming in the ISR (I see that, because there is no output at the
    uart anymore, which is done in the main program).

    I don't know what is happening. Can anybody help me?!

    TIA,
    Frank
    Frank, Oct 22, 2003