Opeming mailto in a web page

Ser

I want to open the mailto (the users email program) window into a
specific part of an XHTML 1.0T page. I don't want to use frameset and
where this will be going I won't have access to cgi. Any suggestions???

ser

Jerry Muelver

Ser said:
I want to open the mailto (the users email program) window into a
specific part of an XHTML 1.0T page. I don't want to use frameset and
where this will be going I won't have access to cgi. Any suggestions???

ser

Yes. Don't do it. See http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Email_form_data

---- jerry
Georgie Porgie puddin' pie,
Went and told a little lie.
Now his buddies take the blame,
'Cuz Georgie Porgie names the game.

Ser

Thanks Brucie, I figured I couldn't do it after tearing out my hair but
thought I would check to see if someone was able to figure it out. What
I'm trying to do is (since I can't use any server side scripts) gather
information from the user of the site (name, email, and more). I wanted
to put the client email window below the list of information required.
Is there a way to somehow automatically put the info into the body of
the email??

SER