Open a PDF file inside browser?

Lin Ma

I have a asp web page with a link point to a file which depend on the
database information.

Sometime is a picture file sometime a word and some time is a PDF file.
For picture file, when user click the link, it will open the picture inside
the IE browser.

Now here is my problem:

On some of the computers, for PDF file only, it opens outside of the IE
browser. Like the Acrobat program is not in the browser. With the same code,
some computer works good.

But I want to force it open inside the browser.

Does anyone knows why and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Lin

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Lin Ma said:
I have a asp web page with a link point to a file which depend on the
database information.

Sometime is a picture file sometime a word and some time is a PDF file.
For picture file, when user click the link, it will open the picture inside
the IE browser.

Now here is my problem:

On some of the computers, for PDF file only, it opens outside of the IE
browser. Like the Acrobat program is not in the browser. With the same code,
some computer works good.

But I want to force it open inside the browser.

It's a client/browser issue. Not sure why that's happening.