    it to c:\temp

    Nobody has the server location mapped as a drive...

    How can I get a remote location to open up in a file window?

    systmster, Nov 21, 2005

  2. If you want to link to a network file server that doesn't have an HTTP
    server running on it, try this:

    This will only work on Windows and with Internet Explorer. If you want
    it to work cross-platform or in Mozilla, you'd need an HTTP server
    running on the file server.

    Cheers,
    Matt
    --
    EditMe - Edit your web.
    http://www.editme.com

    Matt - EditMe.com, Nov 21, 2005

  3. systmster

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Matt - EditMe.com wrote:

    > If you want it to work cross-platform or in Mozilla, you'd need an HTTP
    > server running on the file server.

    Nope -- you need an HTTP server running *somewhere*.

    At work I show the contents of a network share as a web page. The file
    server is not running an HTTP server. However, another machine *is*
    running an HTTP server and has the file share mounted.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Nov 23, 2005
  4. systmster

    Matt Guest

    Of course... I forgot that *nix can do that. An IIS server can't serve
    stuff over a "mapped drive"... at least it's something that MS doesn't
    "support". : )

    Matt

    Matt, Nov 24, 2005