    In other words, can I access a specific page in a .hlp file?

    Best regards and thanks in advance,

    MM
    MM, Aug 18, 2004

  2. MM <> spoke thus:

    > I would like to use a help functionality in my program, in such way that a
    > specific page (or topic) in the help file (a standard Windows .hlp file) is
    > opened directly without me having to type in the topic or search word by
    > hand.

    > In other words, can I access a specific page in a .hlp file?

    Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Aug 18, 2004

  3. MM

    MM Guest

    "Christopher Benson-Manica" <> wrote in message
    > MM <> spoke thus:
    >
    > > I would like to use a help functionality in my program, in such way that

    > > specific page (or topic) in the help file (a standard Windows .hlp file)

    is
    > > opened directly without me having to type in the topic or search word by
    > > hand.

    > > In other words, can I access a specific page in a .hlp file?

    > Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit
    >
    > http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    > http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/
    >
    > for posting guidelines and frequently asked questions. Thank you.

    Christopher,

    Why is this off-topic, when I want to implement this "help-functionality" in
    a C++ program?

    Regards,

    MM
    MM, Aug 18, 2004
  4. MM

    Pete Chapman Guest

    > Christopher,
    >
    > Why is this off-topic, when I want to implement this "help-functionality" in
    > a C++ program?

    The Microsoft Windows "help-functionality" isn't a standard, or related
    in any way to the C++ language. I'd recommend searching for "WinHelp" on
    MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/). http://www.codeguru.com/ is usually
    helpful for samples, too. But this newsgroup won't be.
    Good luck.
    Pete Chapman, Aug 18, 2004
  5. MM wrote:

    > "Christopher Benson-Manica" <> wrote in message
    > > MM <> spoke thus:
    > >
    > > > I would like to use a help functionality in my program, in such way that

    > > > specific page (or topic) in the help file (a standard Windows .hlp file)

    > is
    > > > opened directly without me having to type in the topic or search word by
    > > > hand.

    > > > In other words, can I access a specific page in a .hlp file?

    > > Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit
    > >
    > > http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    > > http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/
    > >
    > > for posting guidelines and frequently asked questions. Thank you.

    > Christopher,
    >
    > Why is this off-topic, when I want to implement this "help-functionality" in
    > a C++ program?

    Because it is not a C++ problem as such. You would have the exactly same
    problem if you'd be programming in Pascal or any other language. Your problem
    is about interacting with a particular library specific to the Windows
    operating system.

    --
    Karl Heinz Buchegger
    Karl Heinz Buchegger, Aug 18, 2004
  6. MM

    MM Guest

    "Karl Heinz Buchegger" <> wrote in message
    > MM wrote:
    > >
    > > "Christopher Benson-Manica" <> wrote in

    message
    > > > MM <> spoke thus:

    that

    file)
    > > is

    word by

    > > > Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit
    > > >
    > > > http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    > > > http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/
    > > >
    > > > for posting guidelines and frequently asked questions. Thank you.

    > > Christopher,
    > >
    > > Why is this off-topic, when I want to implement this

    "help-functionality" in
    > > a C++ program?

    > Because it is not a C++ problem as such. You would have the exactly same
    > problem if you'd be programming in Pascal or any other language. Your

    problem
    > is about interacting with a particular library specific to the Windows
    > operating system.

    Ok, I understand. I will have a look at the sites recommended.

    MM
    MM, Aug 18, 2004