Open a specific page in a help file

MM

Hello,

Can anyone help me with this:

I would like to use a help functionality in my program, in such way that a
specific page (or topic) in the help file (a standard Windows .hlp file) is
opened directly without me having to type in the topic or search word by
hand.

In other words, can I access a specific page in a .hlp file?

Best regards and thanks in advance,

MM

Christopher Benson-Manica

MM said:
I would like to use a help functionality in my program, in such way that a
specific page (or topic) in the help file (a standard Windows .hlp file) is
opened directly without me having to type in the topic or search word by
hand.
In other words, can I access a specific page in a .hlp file?

Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

Karl Heinz Buchegger

MM said:
Christopher,

Why is this off-topic, when I want to implement this "help-functionality" in
a C++ program?

Because it is not a C++ problem as such. You would have the exactly same
problem if you'd be programming in Pascal or any other language. Your problem
is about interacting with a particular library specific to the Windows
operating system.

MM

Karl Heinz Buchegger said:
Because it is not a C++ problem as such. You would have the exactly same
problem if you'd be programming in Pascal or any other language. Your problem
is about interacting with a particular library specific to the Windows
operating system.

Ok, I understand. I will have a look at the sites recommended.

MM